Any Feedback on this full Carbon Saddle?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

TheKaiser

by TheKaiser

gewichtweenie wrote:as mentioned, that looks very much like the unpadded san marco aspide.

i had one of those. it HURT. promptly switched back to the trusty selle flite and pretty much gave away the aspide with a bike sale.

evolved even more retrogrouchy and up-weighted :lol: from flite to a brooks swift. that was crowned as my forever-saddle.

until recently experimented with one of these

96g on the scale. advertised size 130x270mm

amazingly, even on first ride, it was just as or more comfortable than the brooks, mostly thanks to the center channel. also saved 400grams in the process. thats bang for the 20$!

In regard to your new favorite saddle that is pictured, does it have some flex, or is it very rigid? I see you mention the unpadded Aspide hurting, so I am guessing that this one is more compliant, but I wanted to check. I had an unpadded Flight Evo years ago and really liked its compliance and the lack of friction with the legs, but it didn't prove durable...the carbon kept cracking. Since then, I have developed a preference for saddles with a center channel, but tried the Chinese clone of the SMP all carbon model and the thing is a brick! No flex at all! It works out ok until you hit a bump when sitting slightly out of the sweet spot and then...Ouch!

Thanks in advance for any info on the compliance of this or any other all carbon saddle with a center channel.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sanrensho

by sanrensho

TheKaiser wrote:
Thanks in advance for any info on the compliance of this or any other all carbon saddle with a center channel.

I have the same saddle and mine has zero flex. It has a very comfortable shape though, coming from a Romin user.
Last edited by sanrensho on Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gavf

by Gavf

BRM wrote:You rip one sentence out a larger text, break it in pieces and left another piece out and then you think you have a point????

Absolutely

BRM wrote:Didn't you learn in school that things must be seen in the context they are written?

Absolutely

BRM wrote:Go back to the text I reacted on and then interpretate my text in the context it is written.

Alright

BRM wrote:Its not just my opinion but I described facts.

No sources though? Pure opinion.

BRM wrote:It becomes even more hilaric that you not only convict my words but also bring in your own individual experience as the ruling factor.

Sorry for your loss.

TheKaiser

by TheKaiser

sanrensho wrote:
TheKaiser wrote:

I have the same saddle and mine has zero flex. It has a very comfortable shape though, coming from a Romin user.

Thanks for the info. Flex is really key, from my experience, when running a full carbon saddle on anything other than perfect tarmac.

Does anyone else have any suggestions for cheap generic full carbon saddles, with cutout, that have some nice flex and "springiness" to the shell?

I'm sure Tune etc...are awesome, but I'm not looking to shell out $400 on something with such a difficult to predict fit.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Generics won't have flex.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

spud

by spud

I can't speak to all generics, but can confirm that my generic is a like a piece of floor tile. Shame really, because I think the shape is pretty darn good. If it was half as rigid, it would probably work like a charm. As is, it lives on my trainer bike.