sigma rox 10 mounting

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Nelus

by Nelus

Another question. First a photo.

Now the question. As the picture shows. The rox is mounted at front but still high up. I like to mount it at the same top level as the stem. I thought it would be easy. Just turn the mount around. And yes it was where I wanted it to be. But I couldn't reach my control buttons anymore. I need a bit more space. Could a k edge be the solution? I will have to modify it. Or has anybody got other solutions?
Everything is all right in the end, so if everything is not allright it's not the end

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

istigatrice

by istigatrice

a Garmin K-edge mount will not work without modification. The sigma mount is proprietary and won't fit in the Garmin slots.

Why the need to have it inline? Aesthetics?
I write the weightweenies blog, hope you like it :)

Disclosure: I'm sponsored by Velocite, but I do give my honest opinion about them (I'm endorsed to race their bikes, not say nice things about them)

Nelus

by Nelus

istigatrice wrote:a Garmin K-edge mount will not work without modification. The sigma mount is proprietary and won't fit in the Garmin slots.

Why the need to have it inline? Aesthetics?

The need to have it inline? Yes purely aesthetics. I once googled for it. One of the results was a picture of a team europcar pro bike with it mounted outfront. That's how its gotton in my head. Espacially because I can't find the picture anymore. It looked like a red k edge Mount with the sigma mounted on it. For sure its modified but I wanted to take another look at it. And if they van do it maybe I could take a change at it. And if not it stays were it's at right now.
Everything is all right in the end, so if everything is not allright it's not the end

Nelus

by Nelus

Decided to still flip it. Changed my graphic lay out in the settings menu so I can see the things that I like on my screen. I'm not changing the settings whem I ride so it won't be a problem.

When I flipped it noticed the following

An odd graphic for a German company??