Trek Emonda SLR 10 has a lot of resistance at the brake leve

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mtnbikerva1

by mtnbikerva1

http://brimages.bikeboardmedia.netdna-c ... Brakes.jpg
What are your experiences? Fixes?
It is a brand-new bike at the shop and I am seriously thinking about buying.

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

Somewhere along the line, the cable is getting pinched and is rubbing. Check the housings.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

grover

by grover

Are they photos of the actual bike? Does it have those cables on it?

As FIJIGabe said, normally it'd be interferance somewhere betweent the inner cable and the housing.

With normal cables it's usually some of the outer has been bent in when it was cut and you just need to make sure all the ends of the outer are nicely open.

With the cables in the picture that obviously doesn't apply. Perhaps the plastic liner that's been used was at some time crushed so is rubbing against the inner throughout it's length. Perhaps one of the aluminium sections is not connected to it's neighbour correctly and the inner is being squeezed through a tighter gap.

mtnbikerva1

by mtnbikerva1

The shop claims they ran new wire and that it helped some and that the loosened the spring tension. They say it helped a little but still not like the big 3 company brakes feel and low level of tension.
I need to go feel it for myself.

DartanianX

by DartanianX

I've only had issues with Bontrager brakes. They look nice, although require frequent and thorough cleaning and service work. I never had poor brake feeling, just not very durable as a brake.