2016 Specialized S-Works 6 shoes

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Ravnsnaes

by Ravnsnaes

Just got these in size 44. Color: Rocket Red Dipped. Weights are: Left shoe 239gr. Right shoe 245gr. (including size stickers on the insoles). Haven't ridden them yet, but initial impressions are: They fit more snugly around the heel and mid-foot, than the previous model. Toe box width and height feels about the same. The upper is much more supple and glove like. The "Rocket Red" color looks almost orange in the flesh.
Attachments
SW6-1.jpg
SW6-2.jpg
SW6-3.jpg
SW6-4.jpg
SW6-5.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

my next shoes for sure... or the laces(sub6)
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

oks315

by oks315

Wow! How much is that?

romalor

by romalor

far too much :P

I liked s works shoes but I bought them in sales end of season OR nearly new on classifieds ...

Ravnsnaes

by Ravnsnaes

You're absolutely right. These are high-end shoes, NOT intended for price-weenies.

jpanspac

by jpanspac

I wonder if availability will be better than the previous model. My LBS never did get in more than a half dozen pair of the 2015's.
My favorite components are the ones I never have to think about.

dunbar42

by dunbar42

I'm leaning towards the laced version of this shoe to replace my aging Sidis.

romalor

by romalor

I have always found the spesh components ( helmets , saddles , shoes ) to fit me well , but I'm student so if I can save money on it ... :D

The s works 5 had some issues with quality

My friend works for a spe dealer as mechanic ( student job) and the front upper part of his shoes didn't hold on two pairs of shoes ...
He waits for the s works 6 he's gonna receive from warranty

So spé good after sales services

nohands

by nohands

the sub 6 looks pretty nice. they also come in wide, so that's a big plus.

Ravnsnaes

by Ravnsnaes

Update: After riding with the shoes a couple of times, I felt they were half a size too big, compared with the 2015 model. The area around the front of the foot is slightly wider and taller, making me feel as though I was "swimming" in the shoes. I had to tighten the shoes to a point, where I felt them pinching and blocking the blood circulation. Also, the new heel cup is very tight and stiff, definitely a big improvement on the 2015 model. But it pinches as well, and I have a feeling a lot of people will find this particular feature very uncomfortable. So I sold the S-Works 6 shoes and bought a pair of Shimano SH-R321 in size 43,5, which feels exactly the same in terms of size, as the 2015 Specialized S-Works size 44.

parleez1

by parleez1

I ride the Shimano 321's as well with custom esole orthotics and they fit my foot quite nicely. Tried the 2015 S-Works in a wide and they also felt pretty good. The determining factor for me purchasing the Shimano's was the ability to move the cleats much further back on the Shimano shoes where the S-Words did not allow for further adjustment.

Do the 2016 S-Works allow you to move the cleat back as far as then Shimano 321's?

romalor

by romalor

s works shoes take some times to get on with your feet especially for the heel cup

Ravnsnaes

by Ravnsnaes

I dont know, since I run my cleats pretty far forwards.

romalor

by romalor

the s shoes and shimano are really different ;;; spé quite narrow

Ravnsnaes

by Ravnsnaes

romalor, this discussion is about the 2016 model, which is very different to 2013-2015 model. The 2016 S-Works seems to have a wider and taller toebox, compared to S-Works shoes from the last 4-5 years. So some people might want to go down half a size, if they want the same fit as previous models.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com