Ultra Lightweight CARBON WORKS bottle cage 5 gr

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

dak

by dak

Carbonwork wrote:The plastic coated cages look almost the same like the 5,0g. The coating is transparent. It is possible to peel the coating of the arms, then you have a 5,0 gram version.
There have been 10 cages which had a mistake at the bottom nose. Those cages all broke. But no other cage every broke at the bottom nose. I give you a lifetime warranty on this bottom nose. If it breaks you get a new one immediately :D But it cannot break by the weight of the bottle. Maybe when someone jumps down 15 meter, but then the rider will be dead and the warranty extinguishes.

Very few cages of the 5,0 gr version broke, especially because of mountainbiking in bad weather. Mud, dirt and sand has worn off the arm. I replaced the cages for free or gave cheap crash replacemant when there was an accident.

I don´t want broken cages, because I have to replace them. So there will be an heavy mtb version 11 gr and a new coating for the 6,5 gr. And no more 3,5 or 5 gr - thanks to the mountainbikers :thumbup: .

---
The Lion was a lot of work and I planned to sell it for a high price as a watch stand. But I need another marketing for this... :noidea: or a partner in marketing for this...

Hi Simon,

Interested in these but I am concerned coming from Arundel Mandible and using insulated Camelbak Podium bottles exclusively, if they will be compatible with that bottle type. Any feedback from the group? I searched the other 9 pages and did not find any other report of these working.

Also on your site it lists a 5gr and an 8gr version but no 6.5gr. I did find the 6gr on ebay but wasn't sure if there is a difference?

Thanks
Dimitri
My 2016 Evo Hi-Mod
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=141400

JackRussellRacing

by JackRussellRacing

I have used a Camelbak Podium bottle with these cages, and it works just fine. The squishy insulation on the outside of the Podium bottle actually seems to keep it a little more secure than normal plastic bottles.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

reknop

by reknop

leej88 wrote:Image

Been using these cages for about a month they're awesome! Holds bottles well and match the colour scheme (or lack thereof) on my bike.

Impressive bike indeed ...
Would be cool to see in the introduce yourself gallery: viewforum.php?f=10
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
https://www.cycling-review.net

Carbonwork

by Carbonwork

As requested by many of you: MTB version completed and available.
With 8 grams significantly heavier - but more robust against abrasion by dirt / sand.
Visually tubes are thicker and sufrace with frosted look.

The standard version has also been optimized!
1. Significantly more precise production using 3D pressure components.
2. High-quality fiber material.
3. Bottle-holding nose is slightly shortened.

spytech

by spytech

Carbonwork wrote:As requested by many of you: MTB version completed and available.
With 8 grams significantly heavier - but more robust against abrasion by dirt / sand.
Visually tubes are thicker and sufrace with frosted look.

The standard version has also been optimized!
1. Significantly more precise production using 3D pressure components.
2. High-quality fiber material.
3. Bottle-holding nose is slightly shortened.

Does your site remove VAT for shipping to USA?

Carbonwork

by Carbonwork

spytech wrote:
Does your site remove VAT for shipping to USA?

There is no VAT for any country. Even no VAT in Germany due to small business laws.

Best regards,
Simon

track01

by track01

@Simon: Thanks for your continuous improvements on your already top-notch products.

VTR1000SP2

by VTR1000SP2

For anyone in North America looking to order these amazing cages, let me know. I just got my first shipment from Simon.

At the moment I only have 2 of the 5gr option, 4 of the 6.5gr and the rest of my inventory is the NEW 8gr version with a matte finish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Focus Izalco Max - 4.84kg without pedals
Cervélo Áspero - 8.28kg
Trek Madone SLR Rim - 7.73kg
Standert Triebwerk Disc - 8.47kg

garjo

by garjo

I've used this cage for three months and I'm satisfied with it because it holds greatly the bottle, letting an easy insertion/extraction, the only "problem" is that its sharp screws being protruding tend to scratch the bottle, so to avoid this problem i've put some rounded pieces of american tape on both the screws.
My 4,93 kg Supersix Evo HM: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=137647&start=30

My 6,22 kg Cannondale R500 1996: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=134364

Johnny Rad

by Johnny Rad

track01 wrote:@Simon: Thanks for your continuous improvements on your already top-notch products.

Agreed!

I'm a happy user.

minley1

by minley1

Mine arrived last week, first ride with them yesterday, great look and feel, unlike my Mt Zoom they will take all the sizes of bottle I tried with no problem, Thanks Simon.

Carbonwork

by Carbonwork

Thank you very much. Very proud to hear this.

Sorry, I cannot answer to PM. Doesn´t work.
Please use: info@carbonworks.de

TyhpoonP

by TyhpoonP

Thanks great idea!
Very nice.
Very weenie.
good weight great!.

dak

by dak

VTR1000SP2 wrote:For anyone in North America looking to order these amazing cages, let me know. I just got my first shipment from Simon.

At the moment I only have 2 of the 5gr option, 4 of the 6.5gr and the rest of my inventory is the NEW 8gr version with a matte finish.

Just got my pair of the 6.5g version from Kelvin. Great communication and fast delivery.

The cages are just crazy cool and light. Followed install recommendations including carbon paste and 1.5nm torque. They seem to work great and I guess time will tell how they hold up but good lord, they feel light[emoji33].

Bottle retention seems on par with my old plastic Elite cages. Not the death grip I'm used to from the Arundel Mandibles I'm coming from but also easier to get the bottle (Camelbak Podium insulated) in and out. I'm sure the 8g version probably has a little more retention given the thicker tubes but I'll be very happy with my purchase if they hold up over time.

Anyway thanks for feeding my weight weeny GAS (gear acquisition syndrome) Simon with a really nice product! And thanks for the quick service Kelvin.
My 2016 Evo Hi-Mod
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=141400

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

VTR1000SP2

by VTR1000SP2

Nice! Thanks dak!

Focus Izalco Max - 4.84kg without pedals
Cervélo Áspero - 8.28kg