Saddle like Specialized Romin

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

patchsurfer

by patchsurfer

Anyone managed to make any sense of the prologo fitting information? They look like really nice saddles and good value too - my romin SL is finally at the point of needing replacing. Awesome up to 3 hrs, not so great after that.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

NealH

by NealH

The Nago Evo and Kappa Evo are the closest to the Romin so, if you're looking to try something else one of these might be the ticket.

patchsurfer

by patchsurfer

Thanks Neal, much appreciated.

Cheers,

Simon

dton13

by dton13

KWalker wrote:Been on the Power but ordered the new Romin to test out. Looks like a winner. Same cutout and nose shape, but with an actual nose. According to some guys that have been on it for a while it feels identical (they were all on the Power or helped develop it)

Bump...KWalker, do you have an update on the Romin?

I had an old Romin expert w/ ~20K kms. Just recently switched to a Power Pro but so far I'm not sure I like it. I may share you sentiments on the lack of nose. I'm going to ride it for a bit more but I'm looking at the new 2016 Romin EVO Pro vs the Romin Pro.

My Romin didn't really allow me to get super low, (faux aero position was uncomfortable, drops were OK). I'm thinking the EVO would be better, but from what I'm reading the EVO isn't as supportive as the regular Romin. What I don't like is that both of their shells are carbon reinforced vs full carbon like the Power.