Bora Ultra 35mm rider weight limit?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Timujin

by Timujin

Hello

Just noticed there is not specefied rider weight limit for the campagnolo bora wheels, both tubular/clincher.

Would anyone of any limits?

Cheers

fogman

by fogman

My Bora User Manual says this:
• If you weigh over 109 kg/240 lbs we advise you not to use this product. Non compliance with this warning can damage the product irreversibly.
• If you weigh 82 kg/180 lbs or more, you must be especially vigilant and have your bicycle inspected more frequently (than someone weighing less than 82 kg/180 lbs). Check with your mechanic to discuss whether the wheels you selected are suitable for your use, and to determine the frequency of inspections.
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Timujin

by Timujin

Thanks Fogman :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

mvacolnago

by mvacolnago

I weigh 220 and have been using the original bora 35's for a year now. I broke one spoke but it was due to another rider's pedal. Highly recommended wheelset

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

I know a guy who is 240+lbs and has been using the pre-2015 Boras. No issues, but personally I like to stick within manufacturers specs and recommendations. . And from what I can tell, the newest Boras are even stronger than the old. These are very strong wheels, but if you're heavy I would just pay closer attention to things than if you're a lightweight, as they outline. Just common sense really.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Timujin

by Timujin

Yep. I have a pair of the 35mm ultra clinchers and will only ride them in 10kgs time. Eating nothing until then hahahahahaahha (I can wait a month and it's motivation enough)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com