Seat post recommendations

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Penthousepete

by Penthousepete

Its time for a new seat post for my road bike and I'm thinking of waiting for the new 3T Stylus 0 LTD, but looking for options. The Fair Wheel site gives a few to start with, but I'm 83kg and would be limited to about £150 / $250US. Had a Deda Drittissimo for the last year, not too light, but I think the top is not cut level and thus the saddle is higher on one side giving me frankly a pain in the a*se!

The 3T posts are redesigned so not sure if anyone has used one yet.. I think the size I'm after would be about 150g.

Please, search

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=108276" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Losing weight is an education
Hong Fu Bikes FM0069 Superlight 2014 (SRAM Red, Tune TSR30)
Cannondale Flash F1 '10
Felt Brougham '10

jasoncd

by jasoncd

I haven't had experience with the Stylus, I didn't know that 3T had redone their seatpost line. I had a 3T Dorico, which was a pain to adjust to level. The bolt length just didn't work with most saddles I tried. Then I tried a Palladio, as I wanted to keep my components matching.

The Palladio method of adjustment was a bit confusing at first, but it makes sense once you get used to it. Kind of slow to adjust the saddle angle, and I wouldn't want to do it on the road, but I did like the ability to adjust it fore and after without changing the angle.

The thing that really killed both posts for me though was the clamping hardware. Very sharp on both posts, marking up my carbon railed saddle. I have no idea why they couldn't just round the edges a bit, and it's a problem I've never experienced before or after with any post. So I'm done with 3T posts unless I can see one in person that addresses that problem.

I'm on a Ritchey now, and love it. Fairly light, easy and quick to use. And it clamps down securely without any worry of damaging the rails of my saddle. The one bolt adjustment takes a lot of torque to set, compared to other posts, as an FYI. I needed a 25mm setback post, so you should have more options than I did.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cyclistcong

by cyclistcong

how about Syntace p6 HiFlex or the Niner rdo seatpost?

Both are similar in design(which adds some slight comfort to your ride) and priced rather closely to your budget and target weight.