Frame size, new bike fitting, questions

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

skidz

by skidz

Same crank length on both?

Maybe measure between tip of saddle and front of your lever hoods as a check. And any other measurement you can take.

Assuming same frame too right?

Steve Curtis
Location: Hampshire UK, Dublin Ireland and Geneva Switzerland.

by Steve Curtis

skidz wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:41 am
Same crank length on both?

Maybe measure between tip of saddle and front of your lever hoods as a check. And any other measurement you can take.

Assuming same frame too right?
I have a horrible head cold so even remembering my name is difficult right now 😂
I should probably wait until I'm better before trying to use my brain.

Same crank length.
Tip to lever hoods is accurate.

Two different frames it surely this process will allow reasonable duplication?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mvcap

by mvcap

Stem swap for proper fit - carbon paste vs grip paste (or nothing)?

Typically when working on my road bike at home, I'm willing to tinker as it's usually drivetrain related. But today, I have a new stem to replace my current stem to update my fit. This is for a Specialized Allez Sprint.

Fork is carbon
Bars are alloy
Stem is alloy

Should I apply any compound between steerer tube and stem, or simply give it a good wipe down while stem is off?

What compound should I apply between bars and stem/faceplate?

Thanks for any help!

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

Sydneycyclistau

by Sydneycyclistau

Hi all

I ride a Giant TCR SL0 2021 (M). It is too big for me and my bike fitter said I should have got a Small TCR. I am 172.5cm and 79.5cm inseam. We have tried to put an 80mm stem but still doesnt feel right - seat slammed forward and pressure on hands and knee is bit dodge. I want to sell it and buy a new bike. I'd buy the new TCR but it comes with the Shimano PM which I heard is not great and i understand it is going to be upgraded later this year. So i was thinking of the Canyon Ultimate. Would the XS be the right size given my current giant has a reach of 388 and the S Canyon is 390.

Geometry is here - https://www.canyon.com/en-au/productpdf ... /?pid=3561

Open to other bike suggestions - want something that looks good and is snappy like the tcr. Shimano preferred but without the Shimano PM. will do an after market PM like 4iii

Thanks

Nicosq

by Nicosq

I have a Rotor road axle and Rotor Vegast 30mm spindle cranks.
What other cranks are compatible with my set up? I'd like to switch to shorter cranks but not sure which I can pick from or do I have to stick to Rotor Vegast/Aldhu?

Casio20

by Casio20

Hi, I would like to buy a TREK Speed Concept TT bike and need assistance for sizing!

Can you please kindly inform as it's my first TT Bike, I'm 1,82m and 82cm inseam

Thanks

Weber

by Weber

Any insight in why can be knees at top of the pedal strokes tracing outwards and in the bottom inwards? Roadbike.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Weber wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:46 pm
Any insight in why can be knees at top of the pedal strokes tracing outwards and in the bottom inwards? Roadbike.

Possibly hip impingement / poor hamstring flexibility.

spib

by spib

scarinko

by scarinko

Hi

I would need the opinion of someone who knows a little bit about fitting road frames
I'm trying to decide whether to keep or return one of the frames I currently have at home
due to the fact that with fewer pads, I decided to go for a larger frame
flood frame, let's say size 57 (reach 391) with stem 110mm and handlebars with reach 76.5mm
new ram size 57 (reach 401) with integrated cockpit 100mm and reach 80mm
despite the calculations of reach frame +10mm vs reach handlebar -3.5mm, it seems to me that it will be longer by approx. 7mm.
I don't know if it's a lot or if it's cool to get used to.

somehow I can't decide whether to choose this variant where I need a top cap that is 11 mm and the handlebars go right away and I'm at the same height as the smaller frame with 35 mm pads and a longer stem.

sorry for english, its google translator :)
Attachments
IMG_20240416_191922.jpg
IMG_20240416_191840.jpg
IMG_20240416_190739.jpg
comparsion.png