Hongfu FM-066/Chinese open mould frame thread

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

And who told you that?
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

slippy

by slippy

What do you guys think about this aero CR01 from Miracle? https://miracle-bikes.en.alibaba.com/pr ... Frame.html

The weight seems OK, but I’m not too sure with what to compare to.

I’ve been looking for an aero bike to run with di2; think I’ve decided to go rim brakes. I like the full internal cables but I’m a bit worried it might mess up the rear brake, but then again it’s mounted under the B.B. so less sharp turns. The geo seems pretty similar to other aero frames but not as low as Canyon’S aeroad.

Any comments? Any experience with Miracle? I’ve bought from China before but never from them.

I also looked the 095 from Workswell but found some negative reviews here in this thread. If you’ve got any other suggestions please do enlighten me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

silvalis

by silvalis

What the heck is that tangent screw?
It's on the wrong side for a fd adjuster
And 1.5" top and bottom headset?
Chasse patate

lockxchg

by lockxchg

That looks like a huuuge cutout on the bottom of that integrated stem/handlebar... are we sure they are at least copying a proven structurally sound design?

slippy

by slippy

Didn't even think about the tangent screw being on the wrong side, not that it matters with Di2, but it does tell you something about how well thought through the frame design.

Whats wrong with 1-1/2 to 1-1/2 headset? Never had that before, but is there an issue to it? This Workswell has the same http://www.workswellbikes.com/PRODDUCT/ ... 17/13.html

Any other suggestions?

Perhaps I'll skip the internal cables through the handlebar and go with Workswell WCB-R-081 or 145.
http://www.workswellbikes.com/PRODDUCT/ ... 6/127.html
http://www.workswellbikes.com/PRODDUCT/ ... 5/137.html

silvalis

by silvalis

I guess there isn't anything wrong with a 1.5"/1.5" headset, it's just weird/nonstandard and you probably need to ensure they give you enough spacers for whatever your fit is.
Chasse patate

d36

by d36

Got everything ready to go except for the frame
I ordered and paid roughly 1 month ago so maybe ill get lucky and itll come before the new year (probably not though)
Its full of dodgy aliexpress parts that I know some people will love
I plan to replace the bars once I get my fit sorted
A friend got one of the xcadey power meters and they are actually pretty good (numbers are line with my hammer and 4iiii power meter)
I'm only racing on my mtb so roady is mostly used on the trainer.

Ticlimax

by Ticlimax

d36 wrote:Got everything ready to go except for the frame
I ordered and paid roughly 1 month ago so maybe ill get lucky and itll come before the new year (probably not though)
A friend got one of the xcadey power meters and they are actually pretty good (numbers are line with my hammer and 4iiii power meter)

Weights still missing:
-headset
-expander
-rim tape
-bar tape
-through axles

Have the same frame at home. Waiting for the right brakes to build it. Can you let me know how close the front disc is to your fork with the Novatec hubs? Mine is awfully close...

d36

by d36

Ticlimax wrote:

Weights still missing:
-headset
-expander
-rim tape
-bar tape
-through axles

Have the same frame at home. Waiting for the right brakes to build it. Can you let me know how close the front disc is to your fork with the Novatec hubs? Mine is awfully close...
Will do

How long of a wait did you have for your frame?

Ticlimax

by Ticlimax

d36 wrote:
Ticlimax wrote:

Weights still missing:
-headset
-expander
-rim tape
-bar tape
-through axles

Will do

How long of a wait did you have for your frame?
A pretty long time, but that's because they had some doubts whether a 28mm tire would fit. In the end, I realised I'm not planning on riding a 28mm tire, so I told 'm to just send it. There was a lot of back and forth then. When it was finally shipped it only took two weeks to get to me in Europe (XDB shipping). On a positive note: weights were close to the estimate (906g for a 54 and 319 for the fork).

szabozed

by szabozed

Hi,

Does anybody has experience with Carbonda?
I am seeking a TT frame with fully integrated cable routing (from the bars) with hidden brakes preferably disc brakes. This what I found only: http://carbonda.com/road/tt/tr/75.html

Any other proposal or advise is highly appreciated!

Thanks

liam7020

by liam7020

Gorgeous looking frame!
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

bkromann

by bkromann

There is so much great information on this thread, so first of all thank you to all of you who have spend copious amounts of time posting!

So far it seems that the new 066 Evo / FM008 is the go to for a lite road frame. But what about an aero frame?
回复 from Tantan/LT/Seraph suggested the TT-X11 which apparently is better than the FM268. Has anyone tried this? Alternatively can anybody recognise if it's a "copy" of an existing frame?

It weighs 1020g so not too heavy.

http://www.tantancycling.com/index.php? ... w&p_id=537
HTB1OdRRQpXXXXchaXXXq6xXFXXXE.jpg
0E03927C-E43C-44AC-981F-BFE184B0D5E8.jpg

speedyvelo1

by speedyvelo1

silvalis wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:58 pm
I know what you are saying and imho the FD is left and the RD is right, however I have seen many european bikes with the FD in the right side and then the cables cross inside of the frame. I wonder if it is to make the curvature of the cables less pronounce to shift better, I have not find any explanation why they do it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

silvalis

by silvalis

speedyvelo1 wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:51 pm
silvalis wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:58 pm
I know what you are saying and imho the FD is left and the RD is right, however I have seen many european bikes with the FD in the right side and then the cables cross inside of the frame. I wonder if it is to make the curvature of the cables less pronounce to shift better, I have not find any explanation why they do it.
I've cabled up bikes with a cross half way down the downtube. You get a higher radius at the head tube as you run the gear cables across the ht - and if you subscribe to continental braking (LH Front) you can bind all the cables together. The greater radius is especially noticeable with shitty cables. I haven't done it with current gen cables as they are pretty good.

The problem I have with that bike is the cabling is routed through the stem and the pictures don't look like they let it cross at the bar/stem, meaning you'd have to cross it further down - and it doesn't look like you gain any advantage from crossing further down at the head tube as you've already done a tight bend in the stem.
Chasse patate