Part out my 16.5lb CAAD8 or sell as full build?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

cmd

by cmd

I have a 52cm CAAD8 (original 2007 US built version) built up with full Campy Centaur carbon 10sp (except Daytona brakes), Record chain, Chorus cassette, 3T Prima 199 bars, Ritchey post, just put on a new Selle San Marco saddle and new cables. Wheels are Easton EA90 SLX wheels which I'll be keeping. Its VERY clean. I'm the original owner and still have the warranty tag/receipt. The parts show little sign of use (only about 4k miles on the Centaur group). The frame is perfect other than two places where it was scratched in transport (seat stay and easliy hidden with touch up). Since I'm keeping the wheels, do you think I'd do better parting it out or selling it as a full bike (less the wheels)? Thinking about tearing it down this weekend.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Estelja

by Estelja

I have sold a lot of bike stuff on ebay, you will make a lot more by parting it out.

bikerjulio

by bikerjulio

Estelja wrote:I have sold a lot of bike stuff on ebay, you will make a lot more by parting it out.

+1
There's sometimes a buggy.
How many drivers does a buggy have?

One.

So let's just say I'm drivin' this buggy...
and if you fix your attitude you can ride along with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GekiIMh4ZkM

cmd

by cmd

Thanks for the replies. With snow on the ground this is a good weekend to get started. I'll try posting everything here as well once I have photos/values ready.