Wahoo Element Bolt

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

bilwit

by bilwit

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
1415chris wrote:Workouts and FE-C with the next upgrade (today?)

where's this info coming from?

email/newsletter

http://e.wahoofitness.com/public/viewme ... 000014f1ce

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kytyree

by kytyree

If I have to use those other services, and pay for them, in order to do "workouts" with the elment bolt, that's not really what I'm interested in.

I want to be able to use a wahoo app or webpage to write an interval workout and set power levels etc and then use the computer or the phone app to control the kickr.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

I think I found a work-around... at least once they release the ability to upload .fit/.erg. I created a workout using Zwift's workout creator. If I ride that workout in the game, it will upload a file to starve, which I can then download into .fit format.

glepore

by glepore

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2017/08/wah ... tbolt.html

Workouts somewhat disappointing as you have to create them on a paid platform, or at least the free version of same. Not in the app itself.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

kytyree

by kytyree

Yes from what I read the fit file addition may make it more what I was hoping for.

I'm planning to use zwift once the weather is bad so may be moot then anyway.

Ghost234

by Ghost234

Does anyone know how to make the Bolt make sounds or display a lap 1/2/3/4/etc. like it does with Garmin? Sometimes i'm not sure that I've actually hit the lap button since there is such little feedback.

kytyree

by kytyree

I think mine makes a sound each time I hit the lap button but don't know how that is set up.

I believe you can add lap number as one of the fields when you customize a page.

53x12

by 53x12

Ghost234 wrote:Does anyone know how to make the Bolt make sounds or display a lap 1/2/3/4/etc. like it does with Garmin? Sometimes i'm not sure that I've actually hit the lap button since there is such little feedback.

That's easy enough to do.

Go to your data fields on your smart phone.
Select your lap data field.
Then go to the option and have lap as one of your data fields.

Each time you hit lap it will keep track of which lap you are on. I use this for when I do intervals to keep track of what interval number I am on and then to analyze the data later.

"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

53x12

by 53x12

Since the update at the end of July, I haven't been successful in uploading my riding data to Garmin Connect. Anyone else have this issue or figure a way to work around it?
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

I asked the same 3 weeks ago

viewtopic.php?p=1336362#p1336362

so far got this on the G.G.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searc ... 7k_TuoBAAJ

or you can upload to Golden Cheetah. Export the TCX then import that to Connect. You'll then have to edit and fix some of the metrics, as they don't seem to all fully export over. Not ideal. Poor form by Garmin. But I it has such a massive database now of my ride info I'm reticent to stop using it.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

I had an interesting problem yesterday, after updating to the new latest firmware....

Left my house for my usual Wednesday night ride, everything was working fine. When I got to my local shop, where the ride leaves from, the Bolt paused. It was paused for about a half hour. When the ride started, the Bolt unparsed, but it failed to pick up my power meter and HR sensor. I'm guessing that the sensors had fallen asleep as well and maybe the unit didn't search for them again after they had woken up. I ended up having to turn off the unit and start it again and then everything picked up just fine. This is not the first time I've let the Bolt pause for a long time and I've never had this issue before, in fact, it paused for a 1/2 hour+ coffee stop last weekend without issue, so I'm thinking that something with the update changed things.

kytyree

by kytyree

I've had a similar problem with mine.

I thought maybe I had killed a battery in the powermeter and didn't really mess with it at the time but it turned out not to be the case.

If it happens again I'm going to see if I can re-connect them etc, or if I can't then stop the ride and start another one on the Bolt and see if that works.

Edit to add: FWIW I had this problem prior to the last update

53x12

by 53x12

Tinea Pedis wrote:I asked the same 3 weeks ago

viewtopic.php?p=1336362#p1336362

so far got this on the G.G.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searc ... 7k_TuoBAAJ

or you can upload to Golden Cheetah. Export the TCX then import that to Connect. You'll then have to edit and fix some of the metrics, as they don't seem to all fully export over. Not ideal. Poor form by Garmin. But I it has such a massive database now of my ride info I'm reticent to stop using it.

I remember you asking earlier, was wondering if anyone found a workout that worked. I will try the exporting of the TCX file to Connect. Hopefully that will work. I was able to get all my .fit files to Connect and they show the summary in my activities but when I click on the actual ride it comes back with a "Sorry we're having trouble with this page." Shows all my summary data just fine in regards to distance, average watts, 20 min power, HR, elevation gain...etc. Just won't open up the ride when clicked on. I assume this is an issue on Garmin's side of things?

Ghost234

by Ghost234

I currently have my Bolt send my ride files (.fit) to dropbox. When I try to open them with WKO4 I get error messages. I never had a problem uploading .fit files from my Garmin. Any solution to this?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com