Wahoo Element Bolt

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

On to my second head unit, again having ANT+ and GPS drop outs. Incidentally at around 40% of charge (cannot recall if it was this forum of Google Groups where this weird coincidence had been noted).

I'm ready to go back to my 520.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nemomaya

by nemomaya

Hi, I'm going to switch to Wahoo, and I have Campagnolo EPS V3 and Rotor 2inpower, I'd like to know if someone works well with these products and if it's better to link them to Ant + or Bluethooh.

Another question is to have two bicycles with two different powermeters, I have an FTP for each, as I do if the BOLT does not let me have two profiles?
Thank you very much.

jever98

by jever98

nemomaya wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:40 pm
Hi, I'm going to switch to Wahoo, and I have Campagnolo EPS V3 and Rotor 2inpower, I'd like to know if someone works well with these products and if it's better to link them to Ant + or Bluethooh.

Another question is to have two bicycles with two different powermeters, I have an FTP for each, as I do if the BOLT does not let me have two profiles?
Thank you very much.
Why two different FTPs on different power meters? Shouldn't they be consistent?
----
No longer in the industry

nemomaya

by nemomaya

jever98 wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:25 pm
nemomaya wrote:

Thank you very much.
POWERTAP / INPOWER DOES NOT GIVE SAME POWER, MEASURING A ROPE DOES NOT GIVE SAME POWER AS MEASURE 2

bilwit

by bilwit

nemomaya wrote:

Thank you very much.
You can pair both the powermeters and it will automatically use whichever one is active but you can only have one profile with one FTP set in the app--seems like an oversight to me. Should probably feature request it to Wahoo, doesn't seem like it would be difficult to implement.
jever98 wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:25 pm
Only in a perfect world where every power meter is 100% accurate and 100% precise, but even then, each different power meter uses different methods and potentially also measure from different points in the drive train. Some rear hub PMs also have their own proprietary algorithm to compensate for power lost throughout the drive train so comparisons are even more skewed, and that's not even taking account that some have thermal compensation and some don't. Maybe not a huge difference to completely take it out of a zone or something but a difference nonetheless. One site did some testing that showed same-model PMs aren't even very precise between themselves depending on the brand (ie Stages) so it would be better to measure FTP for each PM you're using regardless if you want the most consistent results.

Bondurant

by Bondurant

Apologies if I've missed it in previous pages (don't think I did) but is it possible to configure a page on the Bolt whereby you have a
screen that shows you all your laps with power for each, so you don’t have to remember what power you did on rep 1 when you are 6 reps in?

Bondurant

by Bondurant

tomee

by tomee

so frustrating, my bolt wont auto upload after ending a ride unless i open up the app on phone first.

nemomaya

by nemomaya

HAS ANYONE SOLVED THE PROBLEM OF THE 200W DEFAULT FTP? SO IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO TRAIN, WILL I RETURN TO GARMIN?

DuncanS

by DuncanS

tomee wrote:so frustrating, my bolt wont auto upload after ending a ride unless i open up the app on phone first.
I get this when away from my home network, as it uses the phone to upload. Back home on my wifi network it usually uploads directly. It doesn't really handle feee public wifi networks because they usually require some sort of click-acceptance of terms.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

JackRussellRacing

by JackRussellRacing

tomee wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:00 am
so frustrating, my bolt wont auto upload after ending a ride unless i open up the app on phone first.
This is how mine operates too. And quite slowly, at that.

ianeire

by ianeire

The Bolt only auto uploads in two ways that I've found.

1. When I arrive home, it picks up (or my phone picks up?) and syncs via home WiFi. It doesn't matter if the app is open and the Bolt connected via bluetooth in this instance. It will do this with any saved WiFI connections on my phone that don't require you to login each time (like public WiFi).
2. To upload from somewhere else I have to open the app, connect the Bolt, and it uploads.

It's hasn't been an issue that has caused me any annoyance to date I have to say. If I'm on the road somewhere I can open the app and sync, if I arrive home from a spin, it auto syncs.

photek

by photek

ianeire wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:41 am
The Bolt only auto uploads in two ways that I've found.

1. When I arrive home, it picks up (or my phone picks up?) and syncs via home WiFi. It doesn't matter if the app is open and the Bolt connected via bluetooth in this instance. It will do this with any saved WiFI connections on my phone that don't require you to login each time (like public WiFi).
2. To upload from somewhere else I have to open the app, connect the Bolt, and it uploads.

It's hasn't been an issue that has caused me any annoyance to date I have to say. If I'm on the road somewhere I can open the app and sync, if I arrive home from a spin, it auto syncs.
That's how mine works too, maybe a wifi setting on the Wahoo app?
2019 Trek Emonda SLR, SRAM eTap groupset, eeBrakes G4, Berk Lupina Saddle, TUNE Schwarzbrenner 60mm wheelset - 6.4 kg

Petterii

by Petterii

nemomaya wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:21 am
HAS ANYONE SOLVED THE PROBLEM OF THE 200W DEFAULT FTP? SO IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO TRAIN, WILL I RETURN TO GARMIN?
I had this problem. Just logged out of Wahoo cloud and did factory reset to Bolt. Basically started from scratch. Hopefully i don´t have to do this every time my FTP changes.

nemomaya

by nemomaya

Petterii wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:26 am
nemomaya wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:21 am
I had this problem. Just logged out of Wahoo cloud and did factory reset to Bolt. Basically started from scratch. Hopefully i don´t have to do this every time my FTP changes.
it is a disaster, the normalized power and the IF of the bolt do not coincide with the data that shows trainingpeaks, and in this way an erroneous TSS goes out, worse it can not be. and want you to believe that the SKY and BORA team use this device?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com