Wahoo Element Bolt

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

yinya

by yinya

This was purely for the ELEMNT app data usage under Mobile Data in settings - I zeroed every morning and checked right after the ride. Up to 1.5 mb per hour would not be so bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

53x12

by 53x12

After having my bolt now for a couple months of use, this is still by far the best bike GPS computer I have owned. Wahoo has me as a life long customer if they can keep putting out a great product like this one in the future.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

glepore

by glepore

Love mine as well. A little frustrated that every time the firmware updates I have to unpair/forget/repair in order to get my notifications back. Hope they fix that...
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

Ghost234

by Ghost234

I came from the 820 and could not be happier. The screen on the 820 was garbage. The touchscreen lagged, scratched easily and was hard to read sometimes. The wahoo is much much better.

The only thing I do prefer with my old Garmin was the vocal turn by turn directions if you had headphones connected. I sometimes can't hear the sound from the computer when riding.

benjaminm3

by benjaminm3

I've had mine for about two months now - didn't have anything to compare it to, but previously used my phone and it's much nicer to have the computer available. The route screen, climbing screen, and power/heart rate/cadence are my most used pages.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

The unit ringing when it's synced with your phone is quite something.

Routing (when you simply enter a way point and ask it to navigate you there) however needs some work.

misterq

by misterq

I am loving the Bolt coming from Joule GPS+ but having issue with FTP in bolt. Its set up fine in my app but when I ride my TSS is crazy high...anyone have similar issue?

Also doesnt seem to line up straight when in mount on bike, maybe just mine but barely off not much but I am OCD.

jhalmar

by jhalmar

misterq wrote:I am loving the Bolt coming from Joule GPS+ but having issue with FTP in bolt. Its set up fine in my app but when I ride my TSS is crazy high...anyone have similar issue?

I have the same problem with FTP. It seems to use the default 200W as FTP and messes up ftp%, IF and TSS.

tomee

by tomee

i uploaded a route over the weekend so i could just check elevation and what turns were coming up, however what annoyed me was it constant beeping when something was coming.
Is there a way to silence this?

yinya

by yinya

Go to the subpage from the route page and press mute there. And/or turn off sounds from the companion app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stevec1975

by stevec1975

Is there a way to show the distance to greater than 1 decimal place? had a look around but couldn't find it.

dolophonic

by dolophonic

kytyree wrote:We just use MB's etc like everybody else and now that you've mentioned it how unamerican of us. I propose we start using the "keg" as a unit of data in the US, one keg = 17.76mb 'murica

Seconded... :beerchug:

53x12

by 53x12

https://youtu.be/KRYDMTBiRTw

This guy sums up the Garmin vs. Wahoo question quite well. Garmin revolutionized GPS cycling computers 7 years ago, but haven't done anything since.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

misterq

by misterq

spoke with Wahoo, they are working to fix the issues with IF and TSS on the Bolt. said 1-2 wks they hope.

DuncanS

by DuncanS

Latest update seems to have fixed an issue with .gpx route downloads from Garmin Connect being declared corrupt (unless of course that was a Connect bug).
New results summary tile has an amusing feature whereby my average power is the same as my max. No big deal, just a bug to iron out.
Wahoo Murray posted on DC Rainmaker thread that workout import from file is in the pipeline. Developer is working on it but release date not locked in yet.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com