2017 'PRO' cycling discussion.

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Ghost234

by Ghost234

I doubt he wins the road race. He is a fantastic rider, but I expect it will be a reduced sprint. Michael Matthews and Peter Sagan will be my favorites. Tony Martin and Griepel are my dark horse picks.

LeDuke

by LeDuke

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bilwit

by bilwit

Ghost234 wrote:I doubt he wins the road race. He is a fantastic rider, but I expect it will be a reduced sprint. Michael Matthews and Peter Sagan will be my favorites. Tony Martin and Griepel are my dark horse picks.

Yeah it's one for the punchy rouleur types so your usual suspects will be in the mix: Sagan, GVA, Kwiatkoski, Boassan Hagen.. not sure if Griepel can make it to the end. Martin is a fun pick, it could go to a solo break like Sagan at Richmond, would love to see an outsider win it.

Rondje

by Rondje

Great win by Dumoulin, almost catching up on Froome on the climb! Also good to see Froome is a bit of a human after all, winning this would really have been "unbelievable" after such an intense period of racing.
How strict are the rules on the WC jersey? We have to protect the jersey before Sunweb ruins it like they did with the Dutch National road and TT jersey.

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Only some of us know what is under those shoe covers :thumbup:
Image (Photo: Bettini)

ave

by ave

Everybody knows. :) A cycling shoe.

jobvisser

by jobvisser

Berk wrote:Only some of us know what is under those shoe covers :thumbup:
Image (Photo: Bettini)

---> :oops: Send me a pm to order world's lightest low carbon fiber dust covers! (1g) :oops: <---

itsacarr

by itsacarr

#madeinslovenia
Just ride ..

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

That climb at the end of the TT was fantastic. It would have been awesome if that was included in the road race route.

petepeterson

by petepeterson

'16 vs '17 Worlds......

glam2deaf

by glam2deaf

It's a real shame cycling needs money so badly to stay viable. Worlds in Doha look like a ghost town. Mix in Bahrain's team and the Grio starting in Israel, maybe the worlds in 2020 will be on one of those reclaimed Saudi red sea islands.

That crowd on the climb was amazing to watch. Awesome way to finish a time trial. I'm sure the riders wouldn't agree but for the fans it was brilliant.

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

that big to leg gap. tenderloins good

also these junior frothing from the mouth haha

glam2deaf

by glam2deaf

2018 should be an exciting race. "265-kilometre course featuring close to 5,000 meters of climbing."

jo.k

by jo.k

Not exactly linear pacing by Roglic ... Best split at the first time check, passes Bodnar (who went down), dials it back about four notches, gets passed again by Bodnar (who had 64th best first split, 3th best second(!)) and has the following splits 2-5: 14-21-10-21. Then changes bikes and crushes everyone up the last hill.

https://d2o9doy8pqmlel.cloudfront.net/1 ... esults.PDF

EBH with 8th best split up the hill looks to have found his legs for WC on home soil.

All in all this must have been the most interesting TT in a long time, even with DML dominating win.

kgt

by kgt

It would be really interesting to see some more data from Roglic's final hill climb in comparison to the others.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com