Any Bike Parts Cheaper in Italy?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

nismosr

by nismosr

eaglejackson wrote:@sanrensho, For $15 shipping fee Lordgun uses Fed Ex rather than the Italian post.

looks like $22 shipped to USA, definitely good prices but with Ribble's 10% they are about maybe 5-6$ cheaper but without the 10% they are definitely cheaper.
2020 Colnago C64 Mapei-SR12 EPS-WTO 60
2021 Basso Diamante SV-SR12 Disc EPS-WTO 60
2023 Colnago G3X-SRAM AXS Force-Levante

eaglejackson

by eaglejackson

I looked through my Lordgun receipts for 2015 and shipping has been $17, though the last order was $25.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

eaglejackson

by eaglejackson

How do you get Ribble 10% discounts?

sanrensho

by sanrensho

Fedex is unfortunately a no-go for me, unless it is a particular service with no added fees.

boysa

by boysa

I looked about 5 days ago and Lordgun quoted me $17 shipping. To make it worthwhile, I think I'd need to put in a decent size order.

Ribble has 10% off sales every couple of weeks. Sign up for their newsletter and you'll get notified via email.
"Deserve's got nothing to do with it." William Munny

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

kgt wrote:all4cycling used to have nice deals on clothing. Not any more...

Not quite the best period to buy bikewear at a discount but you might be right... thought they would do sale on 2015 summer stuff.

eaglejackson

by eaglejackson

OK here's an example of Lordgun pricing. Fulcrum Racing Zero aluminum clincher wheelset at Lordgun = $621.22. I didn't see the Racing Zeros at Ribble, and at Wiggle they are $930 for 2013 model, and for 2015 it's $990 which includes a pair of Conti Ultrasport tires and Conti tubes. Similar price difference for the Racing Zero Nite wheels.

boysa

by boysa

I'm starting to wonder if you work for them...

eaglejackson

by eaglejackson

Hah, I'm just a very satisfied customer who has been continually positively surprised by their prices. I was shopping for wheels the other day....

boysa

by boysa

I did just receive an email coupon for 6% off on shoes. Of course, I don't need shoes right now. I need a rear derailleur and pedals! Maybe that sale is forthcoming.

L84AD8

by L84AD8

eaglejackson wrote:Lordgun Bicycles (https://www.lordgunbicycles.com/en) in Brescia, Italy. Prices to the US cheaper than any site I know, including Ribble, Wiggle, and the other UK sites. Great service, fast shipment.

Thanks for that, made a purchase last Friday, had a bit of issue with my CC, Lordgun was very prompt and helpful, sent the package out that same day.
Got to me yesterday (Thu) 4~5 working days as advised by LG. Didn't get hit with custom charges, even with shipping, exchange rate and bank charges, still worked out cheaper than buying local.

Very happy with the experience! :thumbup:

eaglejackson

by eaglejackson

L84AD8, what did you buy?

I recently bought some Racing Zero alloy wheels from them. $765 at Wiggle, Ribble didn't have them, $609 Lordgun.

boysa

by boysa

I just grabbed a Kask Vertigo. Great price, 6% off coupon, and although shipping was a bit high at $22, it still was a bargain. Plus, it made it to Hawaii in 5 days! Threw in a couple of Elite bottles which were an absolute steal.

Only negative? The helmet is $10 cheaper this week! Euro ridiculous to the dollar right now.

eaglejackson

by eaglejackson

boysa wrote:I just grabbed a Kask Vertigo. Great price, 6% off coupon, and although shipping was a bit high at $22, it still was a bargain. Plus, it made it to Hawaii in 5 days! Threw in a couple of Elite bottles which were an absolute steal.

Only negative? The helmet is $10 cheaper this week! Euro ridiculous to the dollar right now.

I shipped the Fulcrum wheels from Lordgun using postal service and paid $0 shipping. And they arrived in less than a week.

For recent orders where I chose Fed Ex for shipping, shipping seems to have gone up. I was previously paying $17 now $22. I asked Lordgun if they raised priced on shipping and they replied:

"We have not raised the costs for shipping to the US so far. Shipping costs are calculated automatically depending on the weight and dimensions of the products you purchase. Prices may vary depending on the courier service you choose as well. We are always negotiating with courier services in order to have the best shipping costs."

Indeed, when I bought the wheels a few weeks ago, price was $621, today $609. Strong dollar = good time to buy from Euro dealers in dollars.

L84AD8

by L84AD8

eaglejackson wrote:L84AD8, what did you buy?

I recently bought some Racing Zero alloy wheels from them. $765 at Wiggle, Ribble didn't have them, $609 Lordgun.

A helmet and 2 sets of tires... viewtopic.php?f=14&t=61797&start=5370#p1184047
The Oakley is from somewhere else.. Sorry for the late reply.. :wink:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com