2015 'PRO' cycling discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

jooo

by jooo

chipomarc wrote:Very interesting frame being ridden by @aussiejessmac in tonight's elite women's Crit at the Aussie #RoadNats

http://www.delta7bikes.com/

mattr

by mattr

That delta 7 stuff must almost be retro by now!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tcurtbike
Best Freak bike poster

by tcurtbike

MattBeOne wrote:Digging this new jersey from Gaint-Alpecin?!
I certainly am!

They've certainly thought hard about those two stripes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-E4P6nAFcE

wingguy

by wingguy

And it works. As soon as I saw those two stripes I felt challenged to further my personal development in an innovative new sports environment. Now I understand why! :wink:

And Alpecin, aren't they the "Doping for your hair" people? I really hope they've found a new slogan...

Tillquist

by Tillquist

Why a new thread about pro cycling, this one thread has been running fine since March 2010? viewtopic.php?f=14&t=75179
See all my bike h e r e

ave

by ave

Exitt Quick Step on Power2max.

KWalker

by KWalker

And note that they are BUYING their own powermeters instead of going with the standard sponsorships
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

maquisard

by maquisard

More black team kit for Cannondale - Garmin, in a peloton of black, the only winners are the sponsors of teams who aren't in black. Tinkoff-Saxo, Europcar etc. On the upside though, the team issue POC Octal helmets in green look very nice.

As for Power2Max on Quickstep, SRM have very little if anything to differentiate themselves in the market nowadays. New products like the PC8 are very late to market and with features that were available from competitors years ago. They are also personally responsible for their own demise with their ludicrous pricing.

pastronef

by pastronef

speaking about power meters, Giant-Alpecin will use Pioneer (they were with SRM last years)

ave

by ave

> they are BUYING their own powermeters

There is no better acknowledgement for a powermeter. One of the best teams BUY them. ;)

djconnel

by djconnel

I'm not sure all teams understand power meters. However, "in principle" Power2Max is the only spider-based meter which gets crank rotational rate right, AFAIK, and would therefore work in low-inertial, eccentric chainring, and rapid acceleration cases (Alex Simmons recently analyzed this last case on his blog).

DanW

by DanW

There is no better acknowledgement for a powermeter. One of the best teams BUY them.

They also have a ton of bikes to kit out so "best" doesn't necessarily mean the out and out best PM but more the best within budget. Power2Max does seem to have a lot going for it though as DJ says

weekapaugin

by weekapaugin

Pretty disappointed in the lack of creativity and design for the Cannondale-Garmin team bikes. I get that green is Cannondale's color, but you would think they would revamp it at least a little bit considering it's an entirely new team, new sponsorship, etc., rather than just use their standard "team" paint that is found in their normal product lineup. The current stock paint/graphics offerings on Cannondale's road line is pretty blah/half-assed already, this seems like it would have been a good opportunity to breathe some life into it.

Their kits aren't bad looking, adding more green across the back will help differentiate from the rest of the predominantly black kit'd peloton.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

petepeterson

by petepeterson

Cannondales graphics are too busy and dated in my opinion. Particularly on the supersix.

And the TT bike is hideous.