2018 PRO thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

maquisard

by maquisard

I'd say that remove Brailsford from Sky with his MBA bullshit management speak and most of their issues might go away.

Froome is incredibly boring but that is not really his fault. He is a more talented rider than I gave him credit for, particularly with his attacks in the last few Tours. However I also think that he is not the innocent and naive African boy he makes himself out to be. He and his wife are every bit as sociopathic as Armstrong was at his height. Something that came bubbling to the surface when he tried to ride Aru off the road last year in the Tour when he had the audacity to attack Froome when he had mechanical issues.

pastronef

by pastronef

Daniel1975 wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:39 am
wingguy wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:06 pm
LeDuke wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:18 pm
I love watching him race a bicycle. It would be great to see him knock out another Strade Bianchi or MSR this year.
Would not bet against it. Heck, he'll be a huge contender at Amstel and Liege again in this form, and could he try Flanders as well? Form like that he almost has to win a monument or the season will be a failure :lol:
The only problem Kwia has, is that he’s a Sky rider. Most of the people don’t want Sky racing at all with all their tricks, lies, medications and the Froome case. In Holland we even didn’t cheer when Poels won a stage in Ruta del Salbutamol.
I guess they have no idea how much harm they do to their own popularity (and cycling in general).
I am sure many people in the Netherlands enjoyed and cheered Poels victory, more than those who didnt enjoy for sure.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

on behalf of the city of Greenbelt Maryland, USA, we all cheered for Poels victory

Rondje

by Rondje

Not the kind of person to cheer for small pre-season races but still, I was happy for Poels!

ms6073

by ms6073

Rondje wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:02 pm
Not the kind of person to cheer for small pre-season races
Did you mean early season as I thought the UCI considered the 2018 season to have begun with the TDU?
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

wingguy

by wingguy

ms6073 wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:29 pm
Rondje wrote:
Did you mean early season as I thought the UCI considered the 2018 season to have begun with the TDU?
For the old school afficionado anything that happens before Omloop and K-B-K is just messing around :P

(Speaking for myself I think the early Iberian stage races are bloody brilliant.)

Rondje

by Rondje

wingguy wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:57 pm
ms6073 wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:29 pm
Rondje wrote:
For the old school afficionado anything that happens before Omloop and K-B-K is just messing around :P

(Speaking for myself I think the early Iberian stage races are bloody brilliant.)
I mean early season yes. As those races are sometimes fun, but for everyone, those races are more built up races till the real deal. That's why I called it pre-season. I'm from western-Europe, as wingguy said it hasn't really started until Omloop :p. For the Classic guys it's all a built up until next weekend, and for the GC guys, it's all a built up to the Giro (maybe except Paris-Nice and/or Tirreno-Adriatico). And the classics are my favorite part of the season, so I live more towards them as well.

Wookski

by Wookski

maquisard wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:10 pm
I'd say that remove Brailsford from Sky with his MBA bullshit management speak and most of their issues might go away.

Froome is incredibly boring but that is not really his fault. He is a more talented rider than I gave him credit for, particularly with his attacks in the last few Tours. However I also think that he is not the innocent and naive African boy he makes himself out to be. He and his wife are every bit as sociopathic as Armstrong was at his height. Something that came bubbling to the surface when he tried to ride Aru off the road last year in the Tour when he had the audacity to attack Froome when he had mechanical issues.
Nothing wrong with stamping your authority, I like the fact that he showed a little mongrel- could even be considered a hint of personality. Aru has plenty of options to retaliate but decided to fall in line- I lost some respect for him after that.

thePrince

by thePrince

Wookski wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:17 am
Daniel1975 wrote:
wingguy wrote:
LeDuke wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:18 pm
I love watching him race a bicycle. It would be great to see him knock out another Strade Bianchi or MSR this year.
Would not bet against it. Heck, he'll be a huge contender at Amstel and Liege again in this form, and could he try Flanders as well? Form like that he almost has to win a monument or the season will be a failure :lol:
The only problem Kwia has, is that he’s a Sky rider. Most of the people don’t want Sky racing at all with all their tricks, lies, medications and the Froome case. In Holland we even didn’t cheer when Poels won a stage in Ruta del Salbutamol.
I guess they have no idea how much harm they do to their own popularity (and cycling in general).
Really? I’m not a Sky fan but remove boring Froome and would anyone really care about a little asthma medication here and there?
You've made it clear that you don't care about Froome testing positive. But it's not just a little asthma medication. Just like Contador was doing more than just taking a little bit clen. Just like Wiggo was taking a little more than Triamcinolone. Maybe you don't care, but to think that others dont' share your opinion is just naive.

Wookski

by Wookski

thePrince wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:30 am
Wookski wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:17 am
Daniel1975 wrote:
wingguy wrote:

Really? I’m not a Sky fan but remove boring Froome and would anyone really care about a little asthma medication here and there?
You've made it clear that you don't care about Froome testing positive. But it's not just a little asthma medication. Just like Contador was doing more than just taking a little bit clen. Just like Wiggo was taking a little more than Triamcinolone. Maybe you don't care, but to think that others dont' share your opinion is just naive.
Yawn- this is so boring. Based on the limited information at hand all you’re doing is confirming your confirmation bias.

thePrince

by thePrince

So boring? That I have taken the time do enough research on the effects of salbutamol via injection to know that Froome has plenty of reasons to (ab)use it, and claim he was taking via inhaler for athsma?

I’m not saying Froome did anything, the CAS will ultimately uncover enough of the truth to make a reasonable decision. But for you to say it is a “little asthma medication” is confirming that you have the confirmation bias, not me.

Wookski

by Wookski

thePrince wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:00 am
So boring? That I have taken the time do enough research on the effects of salbutamol via injection to know that Froome has plenty of reasons to (ab)use it, and claim he was taking via inhaler for athsma?

I’m not saying Froome did anything, the CAS will ultimately uncover enough of the truth to make a reasonable decision. But for you to say it is a “little asthma medication” is confirming that you have the confirmation bias, not me.
Ok fantastic. I have access to salbutamol in liquid form- are you able to develop a program for me? I’ll shoot you a PM

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Meanwhile, away from the shitposting. Image

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

wingguy

by wingguy

It hurts my eyes :shock:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

zirxo

by zirxo

I think they should've done something with the wheels aswell. Too much black at the moment imo!