Winspace Hyper

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
Ronin416

by Ronin416

CelloOnDrugs wrote:Hi all,
I hope this is not off-topic, i am also one of the people annoyed with the lack of clarity regarding the shipping status. My wheels were shipped using xdb, and the last available status is "Item is clearanced waiting pick up", one week ago, and the dpd shipping page still hasnt updated from "Wir haben die Auftragsdaten zu diesem Paket erhalten" (translation would be "we have received the order data for this package"). Has anyone experienced the same thing and can tell me how long i will approximately have to wait for my wheels?
Thanks in advance.
That’s typical with the Chinese couriers or postal service. The normal updates or tracking from courier companies we use doesn’t exist. You’ll get your wheels so don’t worry. Expect them in about 20-25 days after you placed your order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zorka

by Zorka

ClydesDale wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2023 2:23 am
Just saw on the Lun website that the Hypers has a $200 price hike for the 2023 Hypers. All others unchanged. Glad my set came in earlier this month!
I´d have to be stupid to buy cheap looking chinese wheelset for $1500. Especially if you can get DT Swiss 1100 62 or Bora WTO 60 for roughly the same price.

It seems like winspace marketing department did a good job (especially paid youtubers) :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rlanger

by rlanger

Zorka wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 2:57 pm
ClydesDale wrote:
Just saw on the Lun website that the Hypers has a $200 price hike for the 2023 Hypers. All others unchanged. Glad my set came in earlier this month!
I´d have to be stupid to buy cheap looking chinese wheelset for $1500. Especially if you can get DT Swiss 1100 62 or Bora WTO 60 for roughly the same price.

It seems like winspace marketing department did a good job (especially paid youtubers) :)
Or costs of production have increased.

Ronin416

by Ronin416

Zorka wrote:
ClydesDale wrote:

The price of the HYPERS did go up but the value proposition is still high. Ask any experienced racer who’s raced carbon spokes. It’s not advantage you’d really want to give up. If you’re a sport rider or leisure rider, then that’s a totally different conversation.

As for DT’s 1100 62 - for the same price - hardly easy to find plus they’re over 160g heavier - no thanks. The Bora WTO is a closer comparison in weight and price on sale but still $400 more.

Btw - YouTubers aren’t paid - they are compensated by use of their code. Just like all the other brands doing the exact same thing. You don’t use it, they get nothing.

SixThirteen

by SixThirteen

rlanger wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2023 3:30 am
I have been using these basic pads from Wiggle for more than a year and they have been fantistic.

https://www.wiggle.com/p/lifeline-perfo ... -pack-of-4
+1 for the Lifeline blue pads
Scott Foil RC10 Ultegra 12 speed / Creston 50 - 7.9Kg

tonchy

by tonchy

SixThirteen wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:08 am
rlanger wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2023 3:30 am
I have been using these basic pads from Wiggle for more than a year and they have been fantistic.

https://www.wiggle.com/p/lifeline-perfo ... -pack-of-4
+1 for the Lifeline blue pads
These might be the same:

Campagnolo - https://www.bike24.com/p2382362.html
Shimano/Sram - https://www.bike24.com/p2382357.html

CelloOnDrugs

by CelloOnDrugs

Ronin416 wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:21 pm
CelloOnDrugs wrote:Hi all,
I hope this is not off-topic, i am also one of the people annoyed with the lack of clarity regarding the shipping status. My wheels were shipped using xdb, and the last available status is "Item is clearanced waiting pick up", one week ago, and the dpd shipping page still hasnt updated from "Wir haben die Auftragsdaten zu diesem Paket erhalten" (translation would be "we have received the order data for this package"). Has anyone experienced the same thing and can tell me how long i will approximately have to wait for my wheels?
Thanks in advance.
That’s typical with the Chinese couriers or postal service. The normal updates or tracking from courier companies we use doesn’t exist. You’ll get your wheels so don’t worry. Expect them in about 20-25 days after you placed your order.

Hey again, small update: Still waiting, now its been 30 days, still without any update. I contacted winspace and they said they cannot find the package either and will try resending it. Interestingly enough, i found 2 additional packages (whose tracking numbers only differ in the last two digits) with the exact same progression (equal stages at the same date/time), so it seems i am not the only one waiting :)

rlanger

by rlanger

Hi guys,

I'm running Schwalbe One Tubeless Easy 28mm tires on my new r45s, and they measure 30mm on these rims. With my r9100 calipers, I'm getting occassional rub on the front caliper only, never the rear. Shimano specs say the calipers will accomodate up to a 28mm tire.

For those running 28mm GP5000 TRs, what do they meausre on the rim?

Thanks

Carbman

by Carbman

Carbman wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2023 1:25 pm
Hi,

so I just received my set of Hyper SE R45. Their build quality is always praised by the influencers like PeakTorque, Hambini, Luescher Teknik etc.
I have to say they don't look nearly as nice as the Swiss Side wheels I checked out the other day (which were too narrow though).
There are some blemishes and also seemingly creases or lazy layup of the carbon fibres with the Hypers. The rim is perfectly smooth to the touch and absolutely true.
I don't really mind as long as it's not a safety concern. Would you rides these wheels?
So I raised the issue with Winspace and they're offering a 250$ refund. They say the wheels are safe to ride. Not sure I'll take it.

Ferdi77

by Ferdi77

Iam thinking about getting a wheelset, but still cannot decide between the R45 and the R33 (SE).

Is the 80gr weight savings more value against the (hard to measure) aero advantage of the R45?

Thank you guys

rlanger

by rlanger

Ferdi77 wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:38 am
Iam thinking about getting a wheelset, but still cannot decide between the R45 and the R33 (SE).

Is the 80gr weight savings more value against the (hard to measure) aero advantage of the R45?

Thank you guys

Obviously, this depends on the type of riding you do. In my case, I ride about half the time in the mountains, and I went from the Hyperspace 38s, which were ideal, to the R45s.

I can't say that I notice much, if any difference when climbing. I don't race, so the need to gain a few seconds on a climb is non-existent. But what I do notice, is how much cooler my bike looks with the deeper section wheels. :D

HeluvaSkier

by HeluvaSkier

Ferdi77 wrote:

Thank you guys
Having owned Hyper 50's, 65's, and 67's (SE and regular)... I can say that the newer wheels (to me anyway) feel considerably faster than the old wheels. Despite the wider tires (running Vittoria Corsa 2.0, 25c that expand to 27.5-28mm vs. 23c on the older wheels), they seem to spin up faster and feel faster in a straight line. It might be that they handle rougher roads a bit better due to the extra suspension... not sure. I know there was a review a page or two back saying no need to go for the new wheels, but I've been impressed with the 67's so far. Given their stability in cross wind (excellent in my experince so far), I wouldn't hesitate to have an R45 as an all round wheel. With the 65mm older wheel set (my every day wheels now), I start to feel the instability when the cross wind gusts hit ~15-20mph... The newer wheels are far more stable up front. I think a 45 would be far superior to a 33 as an all-rounder (based on my experience with the 67's vs. the 65/50). Also, the SE brake track is quite good compared with earier models.

Ferdi77

by Ferdi77

HeluvaSkier wrote:
Ferdi77 wrote:

Thank you guys
Having owned Hyper 50's, 65's, and 67's (SE and regular)... I can say that the newer wheels (to me anyway) feel considerably faster than the old wheels. Despite the wider tires (running Vittoria Corsa 2.0, 25c that expand to 27.5-28mm vs. 23c on the older wheels), they seem to spin up faster and feel faster in a straight line. It might be that they handle rougher roads a bit better due to the extra suspension... not sure. I know there was a review a page or two back saying no need to go for the new wheels, but I've been impressed with the 67's so far. Given their stability in cross wind (excellent in my experince so far), I wouldn't hesitate to have an R45 as an all round wheel. With the 65mm older wheel set (my every day wheels now), I start to feel the instability when the cross wind gusts hit ~15-20mph... The newer wheels are far more stable up front. I think a 45 would be far superior to a 33 as an all-rounder (based on my experience with the 67's vs. the 65/50). Also, the SE brake track is quite good compared with earier models.
I was tempted with the R67 first but threw the idea away because of the crosswinds on the mountains / descents.

Most of the time I ride rolling hills. Some days in the year I spend time riding mountains, so I’ll want a wheelset that is good for both.

But maybe I should just go for the R67 and try out ;)

eeney

by eeney

Ferdi77 wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 6:38 pm
HeluvaSkier wrote:
Ferdi77 wrote:
....But maybe I should just go for the R67 and try out ;)

I've got the R45 and no complaints, if any concerns about crosswinds then I wouldn't go any deeper. Even with the R45 on fast descents or windy days I can feel the front wheel catching the wind (I'm only 63kg).

I wanted light wheels for my climbing bike, but with some aero benefit. With the R45s my bike has retained is responsive lightweight bike feeling, but rolls better thanks to the deeper wheels.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

eeney

by eeney

Ferdi77 wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 6:38 pm
HeluvaSkier wrote:
Ferdi77 wrote:
....But maybe I should just go for the R67 and try out ;)

I've got the R45 and no complaints, if any concerns about crosswinds then I wouldn't go any deeper. Even with the R45 on fast descents or windy days I can feel the front wheel catching the wind (I'm only 63kg).

I wanted light wheels for my climbing bike, but with some aero benefit. With the R45s my bike has retained it's responsive lightweight bike feeling, but rolls better thanks to the deeper wheels.