Tyres for Majorca 312

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
bobinski

by bobinski

Hi All,
I had good luck last year on a raid pyrenees with Veloflex corsa evo tubeless in 25mm on 21 internal hunt wheels. But they are a bugger to get on and off and to seal. Most of the roads in Majorca are great but that last 100km is not on the best of road surfaces. A non sealing puncture or side wall gash-i think they are notionally less strong than others in the sidewalls-would be no fun on tired legs and arms and the cut off time looming. So looking for something that is just as fast but easier to deal with in case of a catastrophic failure. Any recommendations? I havent really kept up with tyres.
Thanks in advance
Bob

mikehhhhhhh

by mikehhhhhhh

GP5000STR is my choice if tubeless, I did 3000km around Mallorca on them last year with nothing but a pinhole puncture that sealed its self.

ASTR is a good shout if you're concerned about sidewall damage specifically but I don't think it's needed.

I can fit and remove both easily with nothing but a single tyre lever across the three wheel sets I use them on (rapide, 303s and 353nsw)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Nickldn

by Nickldn

Would also recommend the GP5000S TR for Majorca.

Lots of bike traffic means the main tourist routes and also the smaller roads are very clean and debris free compared to say Canaries.

bobinski

by bobinski

Thanks guys-will have alook for a decent price of the STR in a 30, perhaps even a 32.