Damaged Gipfelsturms.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

KCookie

by KCookie

Wheels have now been sent back for a full refund minus shipping costs back, so I have lost $95 through this idiot. Exchange rate could loose me more to. LW came back with a price to supply new discs, €45 each plus €460 freight plus labour. Just not worth the money or hassle.
Now the seller is demanding an apology from me as I went through PayPal which he obviously wasn't to impressed with. Don't want to go through that debacle again. Think I will buy new ones from the Australian distributor who lives 40 minutes from me.
Cheers

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

Sorry to hear about your troubles. The 460 Euros for freight seems excessive. And that is only one-way freight from Germany to Australia? Once you get your refund you should leave the seller a negative feedback. He deserves it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

alcatraz

by alcatraz

Do LW wheelsets not usually come in separate bags front/rear?

I feel bad for the seller in the sense that he went through the trouble of sending the stuff internationally. This alredy is a hassle for many people. I hear going to usps is almost like going to the dmv.

/a

KCookie

by KCookie

pdlpsher1 wrote:Sorry to hear about your troubles. The 460 Euros for freight seems excessive. And that is only one-way freight from Germany to Australia? Once you get your refund you should leave the seller a negative feedback. He deserves it.
The freight is both ways, but yes very expensive.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

KCookie

by KCookie

alcatraz wrote:Do LW wheelsets not usually come in separate bags front/rear?

I feel bad for the seller in the sense that he went through the trouble of sending the stuff internationally. This alredy is a hassle for many people. I hear going to usps is almost like going to the dmv.

/a
No they come on a very wide box with great separation with the bag in between and good packaging.

RyanH

by RyanH

USPS is like the dmv if you are stuck in 1980s and make your labels there. Make them online or through PayPal and custom forms are a breeze and you just drop your stuff off and on your way. I usually just go straight to the counter, nod at the person and put my package on the counter and go.

KCookie

by KCookie

Yeah took me all of 5 minutes to post it back. Quick customs form to fill in, paid the fee and left. Couldn't have been simpler.
I certainly don't feel sorry for him, im the one out of pocket through no fault of mine because of his stupidity.

Fixie82

by Fixie82

I'd still continue with the PayPal dispute and get the return shipping cost back. I'd be livid having to go through not just damaged items but the response from the seller. Make him cover the cost and leave negative feedback about the experience

PinaRene

by PinaRene

A few weeks ago I sold my Mavic Cosmic Carbon Ultimates ( similar build wheelset ), and instead of shipping them from the Netherlands tot France I handed over the wheelset personally. I had not much believe in the transporters these days although I had an wheelbox and double wheelbag for shipping. I took the wheelset with me when we went skiing in the Alps, and it was a bit of a detour on the way so it took us a bit of extra time. Buyer was happy that we sorted it out this way and so was I, especially when I read this story.. :|

alcatraz

by alcatraz

Getting the shipping fee back is probably very difficult. Paypal can't take the money from the seller. It would have to come from the buyers protection "fund" that they have. I wouldn't be surprised if they are very reluctant to grant anyone taking money from that. They probably have an incentive not to.

What if you post them back the same way they arrived and they receive even more damage? Like a broken spoke. Who would be responsible then?

I'd pack them more carefully going back.

/a

sungod

by sungod

ask the seller if he wants them shipped back exactly as he sent them (which was presumably without insurance), or if he wants them packaged correctly and shipped with insurance

if it's the latter, let him know the price and that you will require money up front, if it's the former then he's accepted the risk

AJS914

by AJS914

KCookie wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:37 pm
Now the seller is demanding an apology from me as I went through PayPal which he obviously wasn't to impressed with.
Wow, this seller is delusional. He can't take responsibility for his thoughtless actions and now he wants an apology. I hope he learns something from this transaction.

KCookie

by KCookie

AJS914 wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:43 pm
KCookie wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:37 pm
Now the seller is demanding an apology from me as I went through PayPal which he obviously wasn't to impressed with.
Wow, this seller is delusional. He can't take responsibility for his thoughtless actions and now he wants an apology. I hope he learns something from this transaction.
Yes he said in an email to me that he would never send a parcel to an Australian again. I told him I wasn't Australian, he then bombarded me with emails trying to work out my nationality.

KCookie

by KCookie

alcatraz wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:47 pm
Getting the shipping fee back is probably very difficult. Paypal can't take the money from the seller. It would have to come from the buyers protection "fund" that they have. I wouldn't be surprised if they are very reluctant to grant anyone taking money from that. They probably have an incentive not to.

What if you post them back the same way they arrived and they receive even more damage? Like a broken spoke. Who would be responsible then?

I'd pack them more carefully going back.

quote]

He was adamant he wasn't paying any freight back, so I sent them the same way I received them. Let's hoping there's no more damage. Anyway he kept saying that was the correct way to send them. Lol. So all should be good. I will be contacting PayPal agin as the first guy I spoke to said I can claim the freight back, the second call I made the guy said completely different only claiming $45. I still find it wrong that I have to loose money, quite unfair really. Just glad he's not hassling me anymore and the wheels are out of my sight.

/a

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

alcatraz

by alcatraz

Check if the auction was buyers protection eligible. Find out if it's an ebay thing or a paypal thing. Apply for it...

Better sooner rather than later.

/a