Anyone on alto wheels?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Yeah, it was a bit of use error there. The original listed specs were 110psi, but I guess that changed when they shipped. I do think that they would have held with a traditional hooked clincher rim though. Ultimately the Altos ride extremely well. I would not be able to discern them from my ENVEs or Zipps in a blind test if not for freehub sounds.
Last edited by TobinHatesYou on Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

ddecastro

by ddecastro

Been following this thread for a while. Have a bike shop in the midwest. Don't let the haters get you down man!

Bobby. Quick question I saw the bike display rack that you have on your website. Are those available at dealer pricing if we become a dealer? Thats a cool design, did you guys make them in house?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BobbySweeting

by BobbySweeting

ddecastro: Thanks man, we would love to work with you. We have an extremely small number of haters (maybe 3?) and they all exist in anonymity on the internet, so we're pretty happy with that! But we work extremely hard and spend an enormous amount of investment funds on R&D, so we don't want any haters at all! That's why I am always happy to participate on the forums and answer any questions that people may have.

We don't make the display stands, that's something that we buy along with the rest of our trade show display material. We just apply the green vinyl when it arrives to us! But it's an excellent design and an extremely small footprint, no doubt about it. There's a steep discount for our retailers to pick up a display stand and a few options for you to get one for free, so we can definitely get you set up. Please send us a message through the contact page of our website and I'll send over our dealer packet so that you can look everything over. Looking forward to it!

Cheers,
Bobby

martinfrias

by martinfrias

Well i have my set of Altos ccx52 for 2 months now, weight almost spot on, and hubs run smooth, great product, will be looking forward to a deeper disc set, greetings from Chile
Attachments
24312717_1751167374915555_530348766559864166_n.jpg

NewYorkNick

by NewYorkNick

I'm a shop dude lucky enough to get EP on everything so I'm building a hotboyz caad12 disc and am so freakin excited for my murdered-out alto ccx40s which I *hope* my manager is ordering today. Very excited for these wheels and to show off on my shop's socials and watch the alto orders roll in after the world sees how hot they are. :twisted:

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

martinfrias wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:06 am
Well i have my set of Altos ccx52 for 2 months now, weight almost spot on, and hubs run smooth, great product, will be looking forward to a deeper disc set, greetings from Chile
Did I just get an overweight pair of rims or what? Heh. But yes, the hubs are buttery smooth in-hand.

C36

by C36

Pulling this from the darkness, any more feed back after few years?
I was considering buying the hubs for a custom build since they have quite a unique geometry.
I am conscient that the rim would need a custom drilling to support such a large angle on the drive side but Btlos I was InTouch with can do oriented drilling.
For those who have the wheels are spokes holes oriented ? From the picture there is quite an angle (but that could be misleading)

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

The dirty secret is the spoke bracing angle doesn't even change that much with the huge flange, especially when lacing 2x. The hubs are alright...the rims aren't great. You shouldn't have any issues lacing them to rims of your choice.

jlok

by jlok

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:53 am
The dirty secret is the spoke bracing angle doesn't even change that much with the huge flange, especially when lacing 2x. The hubs are alright...the rims aren't great. You shouldn't have any issues lacing them to rims of your choice.
How do you compare the low cadence / high torque climbing / acceleration with other wheels you have?
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

CustomMetal

by CustomMetal

I run the CC52s on my Ti bike (rim brake and tubless with GP5000) on tube mig mag hubs. I used to have the cC56 on same hub but got speed wobble a couple of times and lost confidence in the rim, plus I wanted to go tubless so crash replaced for the new rims. They brake well for carbon rim. They look great, ride well and I am happy with them. Original wheels only cost me £1500 with tune hubs so made more sense than Enve and didn't like rovals rim braking. I use them for everything including racing hill climbs and I weigh 76kg when I do that and no brake rub.

However all my disc brake wheels will be Roval, and if I end up building another rim brake rim on to the tune hubs in time for my Ti bike they will be Enve 3.4..... read into that what you will
Allegra- Steel Lugs TBC
Aurelia- Stainless All Road 8.5kg
Bertha- TT 9.8kg
Perdita- Ti Turbo bike 8kg
Serenity- Ti Gravel 9.5kg/8.9kg
Verity- Ti Aero 8.2kg
Alya- Ti Climbing TBC

All weights with pedals,cages & garmin mount