Ffwd f6r tubular

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

scottmmw

by scottmmw

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/fast-forward-f6 ... -wheelset/

Hello all, noticed these on wiggle at what seems to be a good price with loyalty discount at £1300 with a dtswiss 180 hub. Has anyone got any reviews or thought on these wheels? Going to mainly used for flat crits and road racing.
They've got a 22.4mm rim width and I would look to run 25mm vitttoria corsa g+ tubs, or would I be better using a narrower tyre to match the rim profile? I would of preferred a wider rim but the price seems reasonable here.

Thanks, Scott

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ginsterdrz

by Ginsterdrz

I've had a set with the DT240 hubs which I shopped around and bought at £999. I've read that the 180 hubs aren't as reliable and stiff as the 240's. I sold mine for £625. The wheels were light, very fast and stiff enough. I had 22mm Conti Comps on which were a perfect width aero wise. 25mm would probably bulge and be wider than the rim. Great for crits/circuit racing. My advice-try eBay for a 2nd hand 240 set with tubs already fitted saving you loads!

scottmmw

by scottmmw

Thanks for that. The rim profile width does put me off as I would ideally want to use 25mm tyres and have them as flush as possible. Most pros are now using 25mm and steered away from 23mm

Ginsterdrz

by Ginsterdrz

My Bora 35 tubs are 24.2mm wide and the 25mm Comps again sit pretty much parallel with the brake track.

scottmmw

by scottmmw

Ginsterdrz wrote:My Bora 35 tubs are 24.2mm wide and the 25mm Comps again sit pretty much parallel with the brake track.

Thanks, ive read somewhere to is an optimal 105% of tyre width V rim width, is that correct or is it the other way round, 105% rim width V tyre width?

Kurets

by Kurets

More than 105% and you will get an increase in drag due to tubulence behind the bulging tyre.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

scottmmw

by scottmmw

Hung off buying for now, rim width being the only put off, if they were 25mm I would of bought some!