Tune skyline vs ax lightness ultra 25t

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

beanbiken

by beanbiken

Thanks for that :)

NiFTY wrote:Hows the stiffness, mine have just shipped from starbike. Very excited. Have some corsa g+ 25mm ready to get glued.

I detected zero pad rub, I'm definitely no Manx Missile but I have no concerns at all about lack of stiffness.

AZR3 wrote:What saddle is that?

MCFK 130mm with their "leather" covering
BB

Coffee & carbon

beanbiken

by beanbiken

Something else which may effect peoples decision to purchase. I measured the width at 20.5mm before gluing, i was under the impression they had been widened to 22mm...... go figure.
BB

Coffee & carbon

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

UpFromOne

by UpFromOne

mrlobber wrote:
UpFromOne wrote:My personal wheels are AX 25T Ultra rims built onto Extralite 24h disc hubs with modified axles. CX-Ray all around on the rear, but only on the disc side of the front, with the thinner Superspokes on the non-disc side (radial) to balance the tensions.
Front disc wheel is 380g., but never measured the rear, as it was glued and installed right off the stand.

Who built these for you? Did you obtain the components separately yourself?

I'm a builder from way back. All my own modified parts & designs. So my wheels, personal and for clients, are usually one-offs.
The AX rims are a solid 2nd choice on my list of best rims in the world.

beanbiken

by beanbiken

Well guys, have you had a chance to get out on your new hoops? How were/are they, happy, not happy or so so? Interested in other people's opinions as well :D
BB

Coffee & carbon

NiFTY

by NiFTY

Mine have arrived, tyres stretching as we speak. 799 grams for the pair. Build quality looks amazing. Brake track not as rough as i was expecting given the machining that they say they have done to it. The delivery guy actually said he thought I have been sent an empty box as the wheelset, berk saddle (84 grams) and carbonice seatpost (85grams) cumulatively weighed so little.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

beanbiken

by beanbiken

NiFTY wrote:Mine have arrived, tyres stretching as we speak. 799 grams for the pair. Build quality looks amazing. Brake track not as rough as i was expecting given the machining that they say they have done to it. The delivery guy actually said he thought I have been sent an empty box as the wheelset, berk saddle (84 grams) and carbonice seatpost (85grams) cumulatively weighed so little.

:D :D yeah riding partner reckons my wheel bag weighs more than my front wheel & tyre :D . Anyway did you end up with the UD or the 3k version? Look forward to your impressions. Have to agree with your thoughts on the brake track and the "machine" like finish of the wheels in general :thumbup:

Steve M
BB

Coffee & carbon

NiFTY

by NiFTY

3K version. Waiting for mastik in the post is f%&$ing killing me.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

beanbiken

by beanbiken

NiFTY wrote:3K version. Waiting for mastik in the post is f%&$ing killing me.

I'll bet it is, then it will still take a couple of days before you can ride them..... damn :shock:
BB

Coffee & carbon

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Pictures needed...
Using Tapatalk

NiFTY

by NiFTY

So got mine. Build quality is fantastic. True as a very true thing. 799g for the set. First ride yesterday after gluing up some vittoria corsa g+ 25mm - very stiff. I was expecting some flex compared to my meilenstein clinchers but could detect none at all. That said, they didn't feel appreciably lighter or more reactive then the meilensteins either. Braking was good in dry, squeal free and good modulation, took a while to start slowing in the wet. Braking was not as good as my xentis w campag carbon pads so i may try those.

UpFromOne

by UpFromOne

Now if someone would please buy these and report on them...

https://shop.77cycling.com/en/road/whee ... 0g-28?c=35

or if you prefer disc brakes:

https://shop.77cycling.com/en/road/whee ... 4g-28?c=35

Kesselflicker

by Kesselflicker

I have a pair C77 T25 wheels for rimbrakes. Weight is 783g Image

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

maverick_1

by maverick_1

@NiFTY, beanbiken
Any new updates or ride reports so far?
Also pics of your ride with the AX would be most appreciated.

Still thinking if I should opt for the AX24 or AX25 (For ref, I have with me a couple of LW, Obies, Ventoux, Std3).
Not sure what to expect with the AX wheels though.
Any comment/advice will be most welcomed.

Cheers

beanbiken

by beanbiken

No updates from me,good bad or otherwise. Still preforming as per inital ride. Haven't noticed any wear on the brake track or changes in performance etc.
BB

Coffee & carbon

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

NiFTY

by NiFTY

Minimal k's for me so far. Have been moving house. Braking is great - using campy carbon pads. Stiff and true. No complaints. Will post updated pictures of my bike with them on soon.