Lightweight wheels for new build. Enve 2.2 or AX Lightness

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

leicaman

by leicaman

Kode54- That's what I was thinking as well. I don't want to be paying that kind of money for something that has imperfections in it. My old farsport rims finish was perfect when I got them a couple of years ago so I'd expect Enves to be that way too. Does anyone else have any experience with the new brake track having very small parts missing?

I should've taken photos thinking about it now. I'll have a see what the distributor says about them. Even if they say there is nothing wrong with them, I may insist on another pair. The rear wheel was perfect which goes to show that it's not every wheels that has these imperfections.

Stueys

by Stueys

I had a new pair of Enve 4.5's where the clincher lip was missing on part of the rim, I only noticed when I couldn't get a tyre to stay on the rim past 80psi without blowing the tube (it was bulging on the missing clincher rim). The point is that Enve quality control is far from perfect, it's well worth checking the wheels closely and querying anything that you aren't 100% with. The other side of that equation is that the customer service is very good in resolving issues, though that gets diluted outside the US when you are having to work through a distributor.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com