Industry Nine I25TL wheels??

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

skiezo

by skiezo

Does anyone have any first hand experience with the Industry Nine I25TL clincher/tubeless wheelset? They look like a decent wheelset and are less than 1500gr. for a tubeless/clincher wheelset. The hubs seem like they are pretty good according to reviews on the net.
I have a chance to pick up a set of brand new wheels from my LBS for a great price off of a customers bike. They seem to be the ones with the straight pull spokes on the rear hub,not the classic hubs for J-bend spokes.

Thanks Brian

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Zitter

by Zitter

I have a set (actually selling) that I used on my Niner RLT for a little while. I have c24 9000's on my road bike now and used to run HED Belgiums on WI hubs and the I9's felt way smoother than both. They accelerated extremely fast and the hubs are amazing with the 60pt engagement. Stiffness wasn't an issue either when I weighed in 185-190lb. Was planning on upgrading to DT Swiss RWS thru style skewers since you can run 9/10mm thru axles on the wheels but wound up selling off the bike. Never had any issues under heavy braking load either, went on many steep descents and they were flawless.

dvdslw

by dvdslw

Industry Nine has been making some great hubs for quite some time now and their I25TL's are Hed Belgium rims mated to their hubs so it's a pretty solid build. The straight pulls only come on their factory built wheels and the j-bends come as a hub only purchase. I wouldn't hesitate to give a set a try if the price was right.

skiezo

by skiezo

I picked up a set of new factory builts with the strait pull spokes and sliver hubs in clincher rims. They were a take off set from someones bike.
I mounted a set of Vredestein Fortezza Senso All Weather on them with Michelin butyl tubes. I have a few rides on them but nothing major as it is the winter season now. They are a bit louder than WI or Hed hubs but it is a different sound.
They engage verys quickly and ride like my other hed clinchers,which I think is great. And the 25 tires offer a great ride in the colder temps.
I will update once I puts some miles on them.