Vittoria Graphene Plus tyres

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

teleguy57

by teleguy57

Krackor wrote:I've got a set of the Corsa G+ 25mm tubulars on Bora One 50, new to me this spring. After two races and 6 hours of training rides on this combination I have no complaints. I've raced on 22mm Veloflex Carbon and 23mm Vittoria Corsa CX in past years. The G+ 25mm are definitely more comfortable due to the larger volume; I feel more comfortable riding in the gutter to move around in a race than I felt on the narrower tires. Dry grip is great, I feel like I'm on rails. Thankfully I haven't had to try the limits of wet grip yet.

What is the actual width on the 25 tubs?

jwad

by jwad

teleguy57 wrote:What is the actual width on the 25 tubs?

I'd be interested in the actual measurements for the 23's or the 25's also.
Thinking about picking up a pair. If they run large, i'll probably go with the 23's.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jnm

by jnm

So what's the deal on the tubulars for these? Do they need sealant to have the self healing type or properties or does it manage to do it on it's own? Haven't gotten a clear answer on that one.

jnm

by jnm

natefontaine wrote:^tubulars are magic

Yes but that didn't answer the question

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

There is no point in using sealant on the tubs. The only part carried over from the open tubular is the tread,

jnm

by jnm

Here's a 25-28 version of the Corsa Competition on a 24mm wide (C75) rim, fits great.

Weighed 286g, list is 280, seems fine. My 22mm Evo weighed 247g.

mariovalentim

by mariovalentim

jnm wrote:Here's a 25-28 version of the Corsa Competition on a 24mm wide (C75) rim, fits great.

Weighed 286g, list is 280, seems fine. My 22mm Evo weighed 247g.

looking at the profile this width seems to pair perfectly with the wheel! Good job!

Mockenrue

by Mockenrue

No photos but I've just fitted a pair of 25mm tubs to my Bora Ultra 50s and they don't run large; they fit the rim perfectly.

moonoi

by moonoi

Just picked up a pair of the Rubino Pro Speed 25mm G+ clinchers, they feel like they might be a bit fragile, will mount them up this weekend and see.

a20dth

by a20dth

Hi, my set of Vittoria Corsa G+ 25mm tan, weight 257gr per/tyre.

How weight Vittoria 23mm ??

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

moonoi wrote:
Tue May 03, 2016 4:27 am
Just picked up a pair of the Rubino Pro Speed 25mm G+ clinchers, they feel like they might be a bit fragile
"fragile" based off what?

My experience - and that of those using them - has been anything but that. Wear really well and take a long time to cut up - even on gravel. They're designed to be a better ride feel version of the GP4000 series. With better wear and grip. Cannot fault any of those claims so far.

moonoi

by moonoi

Tinea Pedis wrote:
moonoi wrote:
Tue May 03, 2016 4:27 am
Just picked up a pair of the Rubino Pro Speed 25mm G+ clinchers, they feel like they might be a bit fragile
"fragile" based off what?

My experience - and that of those using them - has been anything but that. Wear really well and take a long time to cut up - even on gravel. They're designed to be a better ride feel version of the GP4000 series. With better wear and grip. Cannot fault any of those claims so far.
Wow, that was over 2 years ago...but based on the fact they were really thin and have no puncture protection, turned out to be the case as well as they got a bad cut after just 90km use. Personally I think the addition of Graphene to be just marketing bs, with no real world benefit.

I use s-works turbo now instead, much better tyre than both GP4k and the Rubino Pro Speed

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

So in the ultimate n=1 and confirmation bias you've found they're thin with no puncture protection - with anecdotal engineering assessment being that Graphene is bullshit.

Got it.