Vittoria Graphene Plus tyres

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

sawyer wrote: :) they look at bit like Veloflex Records to me

Have you tried the SR? Grip is impressive

They sure do look similar - just a little more 'gum' in the Veloflex.

And didn't try the SR on account of being burned twice by their other offerings. But I'd honestly run these for training if they're not too pricey.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Marin

by Marin

Got reports of roller testing, and the new Graphene CX is 1W slower than a broken-in current model CX, so all things equal it should come out the same or veeeery slightly faster? Roller test will be out in October.

WMW
in the industry

by WMW

Tinea Pedis wrote:Really not sure, given this result, what could be done to make them any sort of challenger to the leading clinchers. And what use is a better roller test if it doesn't translate to real world performance?

The issue is that a VE test will have plenty of error sources that exceed the amount you are trying to measure between tires. If the conditions were perfect and you accounted for these errors, then maybe. If you did the comparison 5 times and got the same result, that would be good evidence also.

Even though rollers aren't "real world" they isolate and magnify the quantity that you want to know.
formerly rruff...

WMW
in the industry

by WMW

Marin wrote:Got reports of roller testing, and the new Graphene CX is 1W slower than a broken-in current model CX, so all things equal it should come out the same or veeeery slightly faster? Roller test will be out in October.

Doesn't look promising...
formerly rruff...

Bogan

by Bogan

Further to all of this I finally got a response from Vittoria with a regards to the future of the Pave. The Pave is no more. It has been replaced by the "new" Corsa. They also said they have an all black Corsa nearing completion which is good for those of us that don't like tan/gum walls. Vittoria is also working on a Corsa with a heavier casing for shittier conditions.

I will miss the green stripe.
MAMIL? Never. O.F.I.L. yeh! (Old F**ker in Lycra)

Marin

by Marin

There's an all black Pavé as well...

Does this mean the Corsa will come in 27mm too?

TwiggyTN

by TwiggyTN

Maybe eventually, but I can't see them out in the marketplace before early Spring so if you want 27mm Paves get some current model tubs now. That's what I did, especially as many retailers are blowing them out at steep discounts. Silly retailers......[emoji6]

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

Marin

by Marin

Clincher only here...

Privateer

by Privateer

Does anyone know if these are available now, and if so, where?

The Vittoria distributer in Australia told me that they won't be here until December.

I'm not convinced by the graphene, but TLR might be a game changer for tubeless.

Sticking a butyl liner to the inside of a tyre never made much sense to me ("half tubeless").

HillRPete

by HillRPete

WMW wrote:Even though rollers aren't "real world" they isolate and magnify the quantity that you want to know.

You have lots of experience with this, maybe you could shed some light for someone with a rather light background in physics.

I don't get the relevance of roller testing. On a steel drum, a steel wheel will be the fastest. That's railroad for you, minimal hysteresis losses. But Dunlop figured out back in the day, that suspension losses count for something, and that's why a steel wheel is not the fastest on an actual road. Based on that premise, I don't think you can claim that a fast tyre on the roller will also be fast on the road, or that the ranking of tyres will be the same on rollers vs real world.

dntong

by dntong

Has there been any info regarding mileage increase with these new graphene-infused tubulars.

TheKaiser

by TheKaiser

HammerTime2 wrote:TP, after that review, it will be interesting to see whether Vittoria graduates you to Influencer alumnus status.

:lol: LOL!

TheKaiser

by TheKaiser

Marin wrote:Got reports of roller testing, and the new Graphene CX is 1W slower than a broken-in current model CX, so all things equal it should come out the same or veeeery slightly faster? Roller test will be out in October.

Who is doing this roller testing? I just searched to see if Al Morrison had done these tires yet, but didn't see anything. Where should we be looking for results?

Delorre

by Delorre

Some other early data here : http://cyclesetforme.blogspot.be/2015/11/test-de-rendement-gamme-vittoria.html Maybe not 100% accurate, but better than nothing. Only unknown : what tyre pressure did he run the different tyres. Running 25's the same pressure as 23's is not realistic, and of course in favour of the 25's rolling restance's wise.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com