2012 Cervelo R3 Team (pics on page 4)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

TuplaO

by TuplaO

^How so? Looking at the above picture, I can't really see any (blatantly) obvious signs pointing in that direction.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

fio
in the industry

by fio

TuplaO wrote:^How so? Looking at the above picture, I can't really see any (blatantly) obvious signs pointing in that direction.

Agreed. My guess is that he's getting that from the slammed forward saddle, but I can see that happening because of the seat tube angle, short femurs, or maybe a short torso. Stem length looks fine, as does the saddle height. And with the way that Cervelo designs their geometries, getting a smaller frame would only shrink the frame proportionally, which wouldn't put his saddle in a more "normal" position.

mjduct

by mjduct

kgt wrote:mjduct IMHO this frame is too small for you.

To the contrary, it's a hair large, (54 and I'm 5'7", wear 30" inseam pants but they are baggy at the bottom) yes, I have been professionally fitted which made me swap my setback 3T seatpost for a straight one, mainly to get my knees somewhat over my pedals in the forward position...

My previous bike was a 52, and I've ridden my friends R3 in 52, and I prefer the handling of the slightly larger frame. Even though it is less than optimal.

I also happen to be very flexible, my chiropractor says I have more spinal flexibility than most Gymnasts that he works on, unfortunately that also means less spinal stability and more muscle mass to hold me together (un-weight weenie). I might play with a longer stem as I could stretch out some, and I often ride in the praying mantis position (hands on tops, elbows bent, head down, body parallel to the ground) in the wind.

simonanks69

by simonanks69

@mjduct, fix up your brakepads! that angle is killing me!
CARPE DIEM
Colnago C59 Italia GLBK
Up coming custom steel cyclocross :D

mjduct

by mjduct

been done already,

a little too aggressive with the wrench when tightening them down I'm afraid!

apLe

by apLe

Problem solved. I became an owner of 2006 Record hubs laced to Crono rims with 72 (36 each) silver Sapim spokes. It was a bargain, about 200$ for wheels with Tufo tubbies (I know it's rubbish, will be replaced soon!). Now it's even more classy than before. I love those wheels!
18' R5 coming soon...

apLe

by apLe

A couple of pics with new training wheels. I decided to give a try to Tufo S3 Lite tubbies as I received them already glued on the rims. But don't worry, they will be changed eventually :) Next week I'll try to take a couple of pics with zipp 303s. Hope it doesn't look bad!

18' R5 coming soon...

fa63

by fa63

Most everything looks good with Ambrosio tubular rims; yours is no exception.

justkeepedaling

by justkeepedaling

What an amazing bike, bet it rides wonderfully. Isn't you cable housing a little long?

JureC29

by JureC29

Nice bike... But I can hear it screaming for some deepsection wheelset :)) :beerchug:

apLe

by apLe

Zipp 303s are laying in my closet with Veloflex Criterium tubbies, but I keep them only for racing (at least this season). Will post some pictures next weekend before/after Beskyd Tour in Czech Republic. As for the cables, my LBS told me that with campy 11s it's better to keep them longer than shorter.
18' R5 coming soon...

apLe

by apLe

Racing setup.

18' R5 coming soon...

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Oooh.....that's really nice. I always wanted to try gum walls but I am chicken. They look really nice! Nice slam as well.

asdf123

by asdf123

Hey apLe.
What cable do you recommend for Campy? Did you buy Gore locally?

Pzdr.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com