2012 Cervelo R3 Team (pics on page 4)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

apLe

by apLe

Dzięki ;)

Power2max device is on the heavy side and wheels could have been lighter, however they're really good for roads here, stiff (yup, they're) and pretty light, around 1400g. Maybe scale wasn't accurate? :]
18' R5 coming soon...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Permon

by Permon

apLe wrote:Dzięki ;)

Power2max device is on the heavy side and wheels could have been lighter, however they're really good for roads here, stiff (yup, they're) and pretty light, around 1400g. Maybe scale wasn't accurate? :]

apLe: Your bike looks great!
I also have R3 (2007) with Record and Hyperons. I love the bike.
I see You are from Poland. Could I have 2 questions? Where did You buy the frameset? How much? Here in the Czech republic it is extremelly expensive to buy Cervelo, the sama price as Pinarellos etc. (I bought my frame few years ago in Germany).

Thank You for response.

apLe

by apLe

As you maybe read, this 2012 R3 is a warranty replacement for my 2010 frame. I had to pay extra for the team version, but all in all I've spent less than msrp on Cervelo site for this R3 team frameset. I was kind of lucky, because it is still about 1200$ less than normal price for this frame in Poland. Here is the shop's site: www.wertykal.com .
18' R5 coming soon...

wasabi1

by wasabi1

Really nice. R3 with Ambrosio rims looks great.

Recently built similar wheels myself. Same rim, CX ray spokes. Broke a few spokes in the rear, was suggested to me that the rims were to flexi. How have yours been?

apLe

by apLe

I've broken one already, unfortunately when I was on a training camp and didn't have all the equipment with me. All in all I changed the spoke, trued the wheel and so far so good. I hope it was one and only weak link :]
18' R5 coming soon...

Powerful Pete
Location: Lima, Peru and the Washington DC area - it's complicated.

by Powerful Pete

I love it. Love, love, love it.

Good weight. Nothing silly. Cervelo with Campagnolo (the way it was meant to be!). Wonderful wheelset. Excellent aesthetics. Tubulars. :thumbup:
Road bike: Cervelo R3, Campagnolo Chorus/Record mix...
Supercommuter: Jamis Renegade...
Oldie but goodie: De Rosa Professional Slx, Campagnolo C-Record...
And you can call me Macktastik Honey Pete Kicks, thank you.

apLe

by apLe

Thanks Pete, I see that we both love Cervelo frames and Campy stuff :] I've done 600km since Wednesday and the bike is just great, feels so much stiffer plus the new geometry suits me better. I'm really happy that my previous frame cracked :mrgreen:
18' R5 coming soon...

Permon

by Permon

apLe wrote:As you maybe read, this 2012 R3 is a warranty replacement for my 2010 frame. I had to pay extra for the team version, but all in all I've spent less than msrp on Cervelo site for this R3 team frameset. I was kind of lucky, because it is still about 1200$ less than normal price for this frame in Poland. Here is the shop's site: http://www.wertykal.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; .

Thanx for the link, but price of 12.000Z is common european price:( (3000,- EUR) :-(
I bought my R3 few years ago for a great price of 1.900,- EUR, now I am lookin for such a bargain :twisted: At this moment it looks like I will be forced to buy Canyon CF EVO frameset :noidea:

Permon

by Permon

apLe wrote:Thanks Pete, I see that we both love Cervelo frames and Campy stuff :] I've done 600km since Wednesday and the bike is just great, feels so much stiffer plus the new geometry suits me better. I'm really happy that my previous frame cracked :mrgreen:

That is exactly what I wanted to ask.... What is the NEW R3 like compared to the previous model.
Now I have the old one size 58cm. I checked the new geometry and found out that I should switch to size 56. (the 58 has ridiculouslly long head tube).
I love my R3, the only thing I would like to improve is the head tube stiffness. Is the new one better in this area?
Thanx.

BTW: I also think that R3 + Campy + low profile wheels is the best looking bike :welcome:

LeePaton

by LeePaton

Awesome!!! R3 and Campy is definitely my next combination.

apLe

by apLe

Permon wrote:head tube stiffness. Is the new one better in this area?

I don't know if it is stiffer, but it definitely feels stiffer, both in bb area and head tube area. Larger lower bearing and longer head tube give better handling which I feel especially when going down at high speeds; bike reacts quicker and it's more "precise", let me say so. I haven't done any proper sprints so far, but I'll definitely try them soon.
18' R5 coming soon...

apLe

by apLe

Unfortunately, the wheels must go. Rims are breaking in the eyelets area, both rear and front :/ Don't know what to do actually, I can either but a set of cronos and replace the ones I own now or I can change them for some carbon rims, ffwd or china. I would prefer low profile and to keep a low cost I want to keep my hubs, 28h, so ffwd f2r are not for me unfortunately. Damn, I loved those wheels, but they're just too flexy and delicate for Polish roads I think. I don't weight that much, 71kg. What do you guys suggest?
18' R5 coming soon...

mjduct

by mjduct

try a set of Boyds wheels, he builds some great stuff at very fair prices:

I have a pretty similar setup to yours...

apLe

by apLe

A set of Boyd wheels is an option, but I think I'll opt for carbon rims from Xiamen Sonata at the moment. I have 240s hubs so the only problem is if they can make a set of 28h rims for me, haven't decided whether 24 or 38mm to choose. I'd love to get a pair of nemesis rims, but these bastards are really hard to find these days in 32h version.
18' R5 coming soon...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kgt

by kgt

mjduct IMHO this frame is too small for you.
(revised: I mean too big)
Last edited by kgt on Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.