Up next-something old is new again-Don Ferris by way of Spectrum

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

glepore

by glepore

Next to be built this winter is an old friend, an Anvil custom that I crashed five years ago or so. Dinged the downtube and put it away for a while. Recently got the itch to ride light steel again, so I had Tom and Rich replace the downtube, shave off the barrel adjusters and refinish. Going to try etap for the first time.
Built mechanical this thing was around 17lbs, pretty respectable given the bling buttresed lugs, lugged stem and steel fork. I have a Columbus Minimal as well that Tom painted with a faux crown. I'm so happy with the pearl paint that I wanted to get pics up before the build. The care taken during the repair was exceptional, and the prices very reasonable (although things do add up when you ask for this kind of masking, an extra fork, and the gazillion coats of clear needed to hide the only decals available that happened to be vinyl). I'll certainly miss having these guys around the corner when I move south, as the entire experience was a pleasure. Thanks guys!

Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

themidge

by themidge

Almost looks scratched it's so shiny! :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

michel2

by michel2

very very nice !!

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Nice frame!
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

Wow, what a bike! That paint job is amazing! I can't wait to see how this build ends up.

Hellgate

by Hellgate

Beautiful bike. The lugs are wonderful. I really like the stem too. Steel stem I assume?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

glepore

by glepore

Steel stem, yes, and the photos don't capture it but the tubing is some sort of aero stuff that Don had around. Major work shaping the lugs. Thanks for all the compliments. The build is done, right at 7.5 with lightweights and sram Etap. Details to follow, haven't been out yet as the roads are still very dirty.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

glepore

by glepore

As built. Needs ano stripped from seatpost clamp and a black saddle. Rides sublime.

PinaRene

by PinaRene

Black out the Sram chainset and it's a a a a a....

glepore

by glepore

Agreed. All of my others are stripped. I need to do something with this one as well.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

Update the cranks to the new version of the Red GXPs and you're done.

I'd like to see it built with the Minimal fork too, but I love the skinny steel fork and deep carbon wheel aesthetic.

That was a resto worth doing; and you used the right people.