SPEEDVAGEN Road

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Lightweenie

by Lightweenie

But what was the problem with the original fork?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

themidge

by themidge

Speedvagens aren't exactly dainty at the rear end, so I think the old fork looks a bit better being wider.

Geoff

by Geoff

Ok, that's nice. My vote is for the original fork. Much better.

bura

by bura

I would also vote for the original fork. Aren't your shoes touching the front tire when with the straight fork?
Kuota Kom Evo
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=111825&p=955235#p955235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SOLD

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

I’d probably stick with the original fork as well.
@Bura: whether the fork is straight or curved doesn’t matter. They could both have exactly the same offset, just that one gets there in more or less a straight line from the crown versus the other curving a bit along the way. But as long as the axle to crown distance and offsets are the same the wheel will be in the same place and the overall steering geometry won’t change.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

bura

by bura

Calnago. I am aware of the rake of the original fork and I thought also to spot that the new fork changed the center setting for the front wheel. Therefore my question.
Kuota Kom Evo
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=111825&p=955235#p955235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SOLD

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

I wonder if the two forks have different rakes (offsets)? Karl, do you know the geometries of the two forks? I would think on a frame that size the offset would be around 43mm, the most common. In any case, I certainly wouldn’t be able to tell from a photo which fork had say, a 43mm offset versus say, a 45mm offset.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

KarlC

by KarlC

Thanks for all of your input guys !

There is nothing wrong with the original fork, its great. I do like straight forks better tho, and the goal is to update the look of the bike a bit. These original SpeedVagens are a bit on the plain side. The Red fork does match the Red logs on the bike, but its still not a great overall look in my mind. I dont think SpeedVagen would do this Red fork look today, maybe Specialized would. LOL

I think I will have the Red fork painted to match the frame, and put a large SpeedVagen logo on it in Red. I may as well get a matching stem painted at the same time.

I believe both forks are a 43 rake

Here are more shots for your input ........

Image20180104_144225_HDR by , on Flickr

Image20180104_103717_HDR by , on Flickr

Maybe smaller is better .....

Image20180104_144225_HDR by Image20180104_103717_HDR by
C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Nice! Yes, if you could paint the straight fork the same color as the frame then that’s the one I’d prefer on that bike too.

KarlC

by KarlC

Maybe something like this, what do you guys think ??

ImageFork mock up by , on Flickr
C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

Geoff

by Geoff

Tough call, but I think that the curved fork goes with the seatstays really well. Great bike, either way.

kidrob

by kidrob

...really like the red tbh! Or go the other way and create some more red elements? Bartape, seatpost or so?
Last edited by kidrob on Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KarlC

by KarlC

With Fork and stem match .......

Imagespeedvagen fork n stem by , on Flickr
C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

themidge

by themidge

I really like that fork design you came up with but please, please, please don't paint the stem! If you don't want it black them maybe try silver? It would match the shiny bit near the top of the seat tube.

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

Keep it as is and get shallower wheels. And fix your bar angle...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com