i just could not help myself. Campagnolo Sarto frame

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

Gone for the XL it comes with a 120mm colour matched stem and it going to be lovely.
frame geometry here.

I will use the Campagnolo super record RS groupset I have one one bike frame that will either be repainted or sold. In fact most of the parts will be coming from that bike.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fkpgecuq1rlp2 ... C.jpg?dl=0

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Lafolie

by Lafolie

well done....sarto are an absolute dream

Alexandrumarian

by Alexandrumarian

:beerchug: The Dinamica is on my short list for that dream bike. While I save the money I'll have a year or two to decide between the brown on the main page, or the ocean blue :P

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

I have got it. The bike position is not properly set up yet either. Bar position may need changing. It is lovely though and weight is currently is 7.32kg as pictured but there will be ongoing changes. There was a mix up when ordering. I thought the supplier (chcickens Cycles) knew I wanted a frameset. They assumed a complete bike so a complete bike arrived. I suppose it saves me setting everything up but know I have to take it apart and weight everything so no time saved really. I also spent a fair bit more than I planned.

The bike is equipped with Campagnolo Record V3 with a Record 12-29T cassette. I might fit a Campagnolo Comp ultra chainset as I cant bare a 50/34T chainring combo. 53/42T is what I want. I have some lighter Carbon Ti chainrings in 53/39T so save weight or get the TA rings and not save weight but have a 53/42T combo on the 4 arm chainset Choices choices. That should shave a bit of weight.

Also I need to get a Berk saddle, the san marco Mantra saddle just looks wrong. Anyone want it? I don't. The wheels in the bike are Pacenti SL23 V1 on 18F/24R on miche Supertype hubs. They weigh 1460g I think bare (i built them two years ago so my memory is fuzzy now) but previous gen IRC tubeless tyres are not light. Switching to the current tyre's will save weight but then what do I do with these. I need at least to wear them out.

Just swapping in some tubular wheels with 25mm dusgast strda tubular (not the lightest) dropped the weight to 6.85kg so there is scope for a big drop in weight. So I am undecided on the wheels. I might or might not build some carbon tubeless clinchers. I actually have two sets so I dont really need a third. I have a 1020g tubular wheelset that could grace this bike. I think it needs deeper wheels. I could put the shamal ultra's back in I suppose. They look quite good really but are not 2way fit and I cant bring myself to ride on inner tubes again.

The handlebars are 35.0mm and are what ever Campagnolo sent with the bike, probably the M35 alloy bars that deda supply. switching to the superleggaro 35 bars could save 100g therefore. Do I want to spend on that. yes I do.

I am also undecided on pedals. Either Record Profit will be fitted or Garmin Vector 3.

So what wheels is the main question. 50mm deep carbon tubeless, 50mm carbon tubular with dugast or IRC tubulars in 25mm or leave the current wheels in.

good image hosting

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Classy. Love the color!

nickf

by nickf

Such a great frame/ company. Nice build congrats.

mortirolo

by mortirolo

SARTO & Campagnolo:
Everything Is Awesome!

You need to get a nice saddle and BORA 50 tubular.
Marco Pantani - Momenti Di Gloria
AX Vial (SR11) <- FELT FC (Record 10) <- LOOK KX (Dura-Ace) <- Specialized EPIC (Superbe Pro)

merser

by merser

Love, love, love this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmagoulas

by jmagoulas

Very nice. Love the paint. I second a set a bore 50 tubs dark label. Enjoy the miles!

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

I have too many tubular wheels an a tub habit to go with it but I ride tubulars less and less now. IRC have a new tubular tyre. I will try these if I like them then I might build use the 50mm carbon tubular set with carbon Ti hubs that is hanging up for sale other wise it will be tubeless clinchers. I build my own wheels and i do as good as campagnolo in terms of reliability.

I love the bike too.

Geoff

by Geoff

Ok, that's nice. You should use a Record post, whatever saddle you choose. Same with the wheels. Stick with Campagnolo, or run Record hubs. How tall is that headtube?

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

Thats a thought geoff. I have a set of HED belgium C2 tubular rims 28H built onto Record (1999-2007) hubs in silver with silver CX-rays. I could just put those in the bike. I do have black record hubs here and a set of 32H chorus hubs too along with velocity escape rims but the HED/record wheels could be prefect. I will ride them up tomorrow as they are in the old Trek 2300 and see what they look like in this bike. If they get donated to this bike I have a set of FIR tubulars on chorus hubs I can ride home on.

Perhaps 25mm Dugast srada cotton tubs with tan sidewalls uhmm. I have conti comps to wear out first on the hed/record wheels though.

A record post would add weight so not sure about that, even though it would look good. I have one in 27.2mm as well.

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

I know the wheels need a clean and the record cassette needs to be swapped over but I think the silver record hubs and spokes work well against the grey paint. Tan wall tubs will help.

Head tube is 193mm Goeff

Geoff

by Geoff

Great bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

Got to get a over torque BB tool on monday. I have an over torque chainset to fit.