Ooof...I'm going to be in trouble... (Ryan's Miniature Blue Crumpton)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

RyanH

by RyanH

A Crumpton has been on my want list for a long time. Sort of my holy grail bike, but I could never justify the cost in my head. Welp...this is happening:

It's a pretty aggressive geo, reach calcs out to be 380mm and stack is 500mm, which is slightly lower than the Evo. -10 stem may be doable but -6 will be more likely.

Since it's electronic only, looks like I'll be going eTap although I'm slightly on the fence about that since I'm not very impressed with the front shifting. I've seen multiple people throw their chain on the outside and I had similar issues with mine.

Anyway...um, someone please buy my Litespeed Classic.

KarlC

by KarlC

Ryan I wish your bikes where my size, I would be buying when your selling.
C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

titaniumdan

by titaniumdan

[quote="RyanH"]]

It's a pretty aggressive geo, reach calcs out to be 380mm and stack is 500mm, which is slightly lower than the Evo. -10 stem may be doable but -6 will be more likely.
/quote]

How tall are you out of curiosity?
Road: Pegoretti MxxxxxO Ciavete
CX: Gellie Custom
Instagram: @titanium_dan

RyanH

by RyanH

175cm. On the Evo I'm running about 12cm of drop.

thedonnydino

by thedonnydino

RyanH wrote:175cm. On the Evo I'm running about 12cm of drop.

With 12 centimetres of drop on 94 head tube, you must have fairly short legs :) Good sprinter dimensions.

I am 172 and have 110mm of drop with a 130mm headtube!

RyanH

by RyanH

Yeah, definitely compared to you. If you're getting that much drop out of an 54 Allez that's impressive. My sz 50 Evo has 2cm less stack than the 54 Allez and I'm running a -17 stem which is good for another 2cm (I think) over a -6, plus I'm running 165mm cranks which gives me a few mm more seatpost. Looks like I'm stuck with baby sized frames (one of the reasons why I had to get rid of the Foil).

Imaking20

by Imaking20

You're a madman! But I love that color..

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

As always, I will be supplying parts for the build.

SLCBrandon

by SLCBrandon

Weird on the etap, I've had 3 of them and never had a single issue front, rear or otherwise.

titaniumdan

by titaniumdan

Interesting... I'm riding a 380 reach with 50mm drop (world's shortest inseam:height) @ 170cm
Road: Pegoretti MxxxxxO Ciavete
CX: Gellie Custom
Instagram: @titanium_dan

NiFTY

by NiFTY

I thought we had an intervention about this problem Ryan?
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

RyanH

by RyanH

@nifty, uhhh...ya, but between this forum and the paceline classifieds, there's only one outcome. In fairness, I was doing quite good for awhile. I slimmed down my collection to just the Litespeed T3, got that bike perfect. All was good, I was happy. Got some Boras and I was even happier. I had an alert on eBay for awhile for a Litespeed Classic in my size and when one came up for a relatively cheap price, I figured it'd be a perfect all weather/travel/beater bike (this was back when we were getting record amounts of rain in Socal, it seemed necessary). I built that up with relatively modest kit (okay, yes, it was Record, but in fairness, it was second hand from 2012ish). Then Tommy sent me a link to the pink Evo for stupid cheap. Unplanned, I had three bikes when I was content with 2 but for the first time ever, I actually liked all the bikes I had. Now I have three bikes that I like and then this...ooof.

I have done a little better job though at keeping my build costs in check. The final tally for the Evo was $3500 sans wheels. That's a fraction of what I had into the R5ca and Scott Foil. I think my three current bikes with wheels cost less than the R5ca build did by itself.

dj97223

by dj97223

One can either try to rationalize or simply admit one has a problem and enjoy it. Either way, I love seeing your build threads. :thumbup:
“If you save your breath I feel a man like you can manage it. And if you don't manage it, you'll die. Only slowly, very slowly, old friend.”

RyanH

by RyanH

Groupset

Calling @calnago and other Campy users. I'm at a bit of a crossroads as to what I'm going to do with the groupset. This frame is electronic only. I love the 2015+ SR mechanical and have a preference for mechanical. Electronic shifting just feels a bit detached. But, here I am with an electronic only frameset. My preference for Campy comes down to function, feel and aesthetics. I get along fine with SRAM but I was riding the Evo this morning and my shifting was a bit off compared to what I'm used to, and I kept thinking that while SRAM is serviceable, it's not great and it's a bit gauche. I had eTap and wasn't happy with the front shifting reliability and ultimately made my way to Campy and haven't looked back. Ironically, I have eTap ready to pick up on Saturday, but that's mostly because I can get it for stupid cheap.

9150 is interesting. It's lighter than eTap by about 50g and I know it will work flawlessly. It's just a bit boring, it's that kid at school that gets all their homework done that day and spends their entire weekend studying. I also don't like the shift mechanics at the lever of Shimano but if I understand it correctly, I could reprogram it to be almost like eTap?

What about EPS? I know Calnago is a fan of mechanical so I'd be curious of his opinion (and others with experience on both).

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

Is that an Asian joke, Ryan? Two strikes man...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com