My Time Skylon

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

kgt

by kgt

Thank you all for your comments and suggestions!
So, it seems that I have to sand my bars to matt or glossy carbon. It's the cheapest option.

flying

by flying

kgt wrote:Thank you all for your comments and suggestions!
So, it seems that I have to sand my bars to matt or glossy carbon. It's the cheapest option.

No worries :wink:

Sometimes a single splash of color is cool
Also the main thing is how you like it :thumbup:

You know your thread reminded me of the Look I had years ago.
Back then they did all their own work too
The older Look frames & Time were quite similar I thought

I remember in 2005 I had just come off two failed early Cervelo R2.5 frames
When I went back to Look (had a KG381 Team & later a 585) I could not believe how clean the workmanship inside of the BB & the headtube were

Thanks for the pics & piqued my interest in Time now

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MiddMan

by MiddMan

Beautiful bike @kgt! Also, aren't Time frames lifetime warranty? The Tour magazine you quoted says 2, though I could have sworn it's lifetime--or at least it used to be. How is the Time climbing and, more importantly, how does it feel descending? Planted and inspiring confidence, or otherwise?

kgt

by kgt

Yes, it has a lifetime warranty.
The ride quality is extremely refined. Stiff and balanced and smooth and responsive... anything a rider could ask IMO. With the aktiv fork (have not tried it but friends have) it is much probably the top performing frame in descents. The way aktiv technology filters the vibrations when going downhill at high speeds is really amazing.
To sum up, I do not think it is a frame for everyone (it is expensive to start with) but certainly a frame for the real connoisseur.

See a recent review here:
http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/technspec ... TJyCsklHfY
and another one in french:
https://www.matosvelo.fr/index.php?post ... rche-aktiv

It is really a shame that not many teams are using it but Time is a relatively small company. Still it is pro bike of the year according to the french site Vélo 101:

JKolmo

by JKolmo

Kgt very very nice build! I have always got a weak spot for Time frames and have been close to pull the trigger more than twice. Your bike and description of the ride makes me dream about it again. Hmmmm.

jimaizumi

by jimaizumi

I just saw that model at my LBS and it looks really really nice.. kind of not liking the Activ fork tho..
THE PAST: 2005 C'dale R700, 2006 Spesh S-Works Tarmac Gerolsteiner, 2009 Pinarello Dogma FPX My Way, 2011 Time RXR VIP

THE PRESENT: 2016 Colnago C60 ST01, 2017 Wilier Cento 10 Ramato, Cinelli Gazetta

THE FUTURE: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

kgt

by kgt

Recent photos with the SMP composit:

colster

by colster

Really lovely bike KGT, something different, would love to ride one someday.

Am just curious as to why you chose Gatorskin tubulars, do you have particularly bad roads where you ride?
My only familiarity with Gatorskins are with the clinchers, which are kinda rubbish in the ride quality stakes - do the Gatorskin tubs fare any better?

kgt

by kgt

You are right, gatorskins' ride quality is... bad. I just prefer them because I ride alone and the roads here are not the best. I used to ride on Vittoria corsa, Vredestein fortezza and Continental competition but I always had flats, sooner or later. These gatorskins just don't flat!
My next set might be Veloflex Arenberg, Vittoria corsa g or Continental sprint. For the moment I enjoy my puncture free rides.

mortirolo

by mortirolo

It's beautiful, but with black TIME handlebar, TIME pedals and a nice saddle like FX carbon, kit carbonio...
I need a Skylon too. :)
Marco Pantani - Momenti Di Gloria
AX Vial (SR11) <- FELT FC (Record 10) <- LOOK KX (Dura-Ace) <- Specialized EPIC (Superbe Pro)

Wormiez

by Wormiez

Question to owners with a Time Skylon running a SRAM ETAP Groupset. Have you come across any clearance issues when trying to run a SRAM Quarq Power Meter?

I ask this because I am upgrading to a PM, and the PM won't clear the frame.

Any suggestions?

Mtek

by Mtek

@kgt Fantastic bike, I only Time brand is on some mtb pedals around here. I like the history and rareness of the brand. I'd like to ask a question, what do you think of the Selle saddle?

kgt

by kgt

You mean the selle SMP saddle? I have it since May and I like it a lot so far. So much I am considering of buying the full carbon, super expensive one!

td100

by td100

kgt wrote:You are right, gatorskins' ride quality is... bad. I just prefer them because I ride alone and the roads here are not the best. I used to ride on Vittoria corsa, Vredestein fortezza and Continental competition but I always had flats, sooner or later. These gatorskins just don't flat!
My next set might be Veloflex Arenberg, Vittoria corsa g or Continental sprint. For the moment I enjoy my puncture free rides.

I am running Arenberg 's on my Skylon, beautiful tyres recommend them. I find Vittoria wear very quickly I have Pave's on my Protos
Colnago C59 Italia
Fondriest TF2 1.0
Time Skylon

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kgt

by kgt

The bike with my new 'test saddle', a full carbon Selle Italia C64. The shape is very familiar (SLR like). It feels firmer than SLR, it has a little give due to its full carbon construction and it lets you move on it as there is practically no friction. It's a very impressive item in terms of design.

and a small avatar I made...