Men of Steel

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Fixie82

by Fixie82

Cheers! Can't quite make out the head tube angle, is it 72.6? With a 58mm rake?

That should make it quite nimble steering wise. How is it descending the massive bergs around Geelong?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

And handling so far is excellent. Which isn't a shock. But I am still getting through corners with a :D grin on my face. Gave it some beans today

https://www.strava.com/activities/922632840

I might be mistaken about the stiffness. Was rock solid under me. And still smooth as you'd expect from steel.

Fixie82

by Fixie82

Damn, they were some big beans! If it isn't quite as stiff it certainly didn't hold you back.

How did you come to a head angle of 72.8? Was it just a simple matter of making it a little sharper from the Baum?

anquetil

by anquetil

Nice bike, but if i order custom frame i go with traditional geometry, especaly for steel frame.

Have a nice ride.!

kytyree

by kytyree

Excellent, a Stinner and a Baum, I'm very jealous!

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

anquetil wrote:Nice bike, but if i order custom frame i go with traditional geometry, especaly for steel frame.

One of the weirdest oxymoron's I've heard on here :lol:

Fixie82 wrote:How did you come to a head angle of 72.8? Was it just a simple matter of making it a little sharper from the Baum?

Was just how it came out when combined with the rake being used. I didn't specify 72.8

anquetil

by anquetil

Im writter too :D

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

And a bit of a flash back to last year's kit (and the matchy matchy with the top tube)

Fixie82

by Fixie82

Just the angle or is your left shifter turned in a bit?

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Yep, was knocked a little out after trip to Brisbane for the Black Sheep Night Riders

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY4jgB81tlo

http://stories.blacksheepcycling.cc/night-riders

ace night! Hectic course but still safe enough.

Fixie82

by Fixie82

I was bummed it was sold out. Looked awesome.

CulBaire

by CulBaire

How was the Nightriders Nick? The numbers looked down a little in the pics and videos I have seen (I'd meant to come say g'day but got caught up packing for a trip). It's an interesting concept that WRCC more or less tried out up here last year through the streets of Cleveland (Bris suburb), which was a massively popular event (also a CQ Open).

Also as I commented on Insta, the bike looks fantastic mate I am sure you will give it a solid workout.

ronderman

by ronderman

Well done. Cycling can be such a selfish sport and obsession. You found a way to make it about more than just you and you did it with style.

Well done. Congrats.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Numbers were capped intentionally. Last thing Black Sheep wanted was a 50 rider field and carnage. And it worked. Goal was good vibes, good crew and some bite sized entertainment (racing) and it worked perfectly. It was like the Twenty20 version of crit racing.

And the Man Ride will happen again this year. Still deciding on the route. Really hoping we can get a few of the Californian Men of Steel along too. The stats worldwide on how poorly funded mental health is (in spite of its prevalence) is terrible. If these rides can help raise awareness even the tiniest bit then they are a success.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com