Any progress of the Scale's final values and specs

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Gullholm

by Gullholm

poynt wrote:Any progress of the Scale's final values and specs

I was told the last part should get shipped today, I don't really dare to believe it until I actually get it delivered, but then it is quick work building it up and all that's left then is to take pics and videos. So I really really hope I can show the weight/bike by the end of next week.

JScycle

by JScycle

Absolutely amazing bike! You should be really proud of yourself. It looks stunning and the photography is superb

Gullholm

by Gullholm

JScycle wrote:Absolutely amazing bike! You should be really proud of yourself. It looks stunning and the photography is superb

Thanks a lot! Feels good to finally have it finished and as for the looks it turned out just how I had envisioned it. Sure everyone want their bike to perform well, but I'd say a lot of the fun in the building process is getting that image in your head on what theme you want for the bike and then trying to realize it.

It's a luxury having a good friend who works as a photographer, I'll pass on the kind words!

Lars K. P.

by Lars K. P.

Absolute awesome
Lars K. P.

NiFTY

by NiFTY

Phenomenal build. Attention to detail is second to none. You must be very satisfied to see it completed.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

addict

by addict

sorry, can't find rear damper weight?..

Gullholm

by Gullholm

Thanks for your kind words guys!

addict wrote:sorry, can't find rear damper weight?..

Rear damper weight is included in the frame weight at 1641g, as well as all hardware (brake caliper bracket, carbon derailleur hanger/frame inserts and all rear shock hardware).
With the original aluminium hardware instead of Hopp Carbon hanger/inserts the frame kit is 1660,8g without paint, and fully original with paint it was 1752,2g.

Unfortunately I never weighed the rear shock by itself so I can't give you a number for that.

Maxlawwk

by Maxlawwk

Truely amazed by these sexy builds, especially I am riding a Scale 2014 700 RC. To show my respect on this project, I would like to contribute a 3D printed gadget being designed for my Scale.

20 grams barend plug, giving you an extra compartment for tubeless plug kit (as shown in the pics), zipties, chain-links or a 14500 lithium battery, or whatever bits you could imagine. Neat, invisible and handy, well suited marathon or epic rides.
Attachments
IMG_9113.JPG
IMG_9114.JPG
IMG_9115.JPG

bikemaniack

by bikemaniack

Meybe your scale will be the lightest HT 29er.

BTW,what is the lightest 29er right now?? with front suspension of course?

Gullholm

by Gullholm

Maxlawwk wrote:Truely amazed by these sexy builds, especially I am riding a Scale 2014 700 RC. To show my respect on this project, I would like to contribute a 3D printed gadget being designed for my Scale.

20 grams barend plug, giving you an extra compartment for tubeless plug kit (as shown in the pics), zipties, chain-links or a 14500 lithium battery, or whatever bits you could imagine. Neat, invisible and handy, well suited marathon or epic rides.

Thanks, and that's quite cool, keep up the good work! 3D printing for sure has many good applications.

bikemaniack wrote:Meybe your scale will be the lightest HT 29er.

BTW,what is the lightest 29er right now?? with front suspension of course?

I'm actually 99% sure it will be. And funny timing that you should ask that, just before reading your post I bumped the thread about this topic in the MTB section on the forum.
I still don't think I've seen a lighter 29" than Axels 6,845kg Scale, just a few lighter ones with Lauf or rigid forks.

poynt

by poynt

seen the teaser on your IG, so can't wait to see it all now. Can't compete with your 29ner, as I am sticking with my old 26" abd 650b Scales for the moment.

scant

by scant

poynt wrote: so can't wait to see it all now.

ditto! 8)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Gullholm

by Gullholm

Thanks for the interest guys!
The goal of sub6,6kg is crushed to say the least, the bike is stupid light!

Like I said on Instagram, video and weights of different versions coming tomorrow. :beerchug: