Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

MrIzoard

by MrIzoard

Congrats to two superb bikes! :)

Gullholm

by Gullholm

t0ph0id wrote:These are amazing!
Looking forward to seeing the Genius build as I'm considering getting one early next year.
Seems to be a great bike, and living in Switzerland you definitely should have the right terrain for a bike like that!
Bream wrote:Really nice to read about these builds, kind of the build journey I'd like to undertake if I had the time and will power, fair play to you 8)
And patience, don't forget patience... :lol: Thanks!
MrIzoard wrote:Congrats to two superb bikes! :)
Thanks!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Pat2A

by Pat2A

Gullholm wrote:
Tue May 23, 2017 10:37 pm
Spamming away with some more updates.

The Fox 32SC for the Scale is also finished for the moment, with a cartridge and carbon axle from ShiftUp and volume spacer/air valve cap from Hopp. Will drop around 55g when cutting the steerer so final weight will be around 1250g. A bit heavier than I had hoped for but still a quite respectable weight, especially since it's a "regular" chassis/fork from one of the big brands.

Cartridge from ND Tuned is lighter : 70-80g

25398031_1777361279003687_2543945480505078294_o.jpg

What matchmaker do you use with Piccola brake and Acros shifter ?

Gullholm wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:12 pm
cerro wrote: How much weightsaving with those? Price and how to get? :)
Saves about 6g, but getting rid of the blue anodizing makes it worth about 60g if you ask me. :wink:
What blue anodizing parts do you speak ?

Gullholm

by Gullholm

Pat2A wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:45 am
Gullholm wrote:
Tue May 23, 2017 10:37 pm
Spamming away with some more updates.

The Fox 32SC for the Scale is also finished for the moment, with a cartridge and carbon axle from ShiftUp and volume spacer/air valve cap from Hopp. Will drop around 55g when cutting the steerer so final weight will be around 1250g. A bit heavier than I had hoped for but still a quite respectable weight, especially since it's a "regular" chassis/fork from one of the big brands.

Cartridge from ND Tuned is lighter : 70-80g

What matchmaker do you use with Piccola brake and Acros shifter ?

Gullholm wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:12 pm
cerro wrote: How much weightsaving with those? Price and how to get? :)
Saves about 6g, but getting rid of the blue anodizing makes it worth about 60g if you ask me. :wink:
What blue anodizing parts do you speak ?
I had an eye on the ND Tuned as well, but I didn't like the damping concept really and wanted something with a regular lock-out. Not bashing it, because I haven't tried it, but for me the Shift-Up variant felt like a better choice even if it's a bit heavier.

As for the matchmaker I just use a regular Trickstuff one for Sram interface.

And I just meant the original blue anodized Fox air-cap and lock-out lever that the Hopp parts replace!

Pat2A

by Pat2A

In 2018, a carbon steerer 70 grams lighter for FOX 32 will be available at ND Tuned.

poynt

by poynt

there also seems to be a new hydraulic NDTuned cartridge for the 32sc coming. Fork still at 1200g.

md255

by md255

Great project and beautiful bikes!

Gullholm

by Gullholm

So, a little update!

First of all, this weekend (23-25 March) I'll be at the Berliner Fahrradschau with both the Scale and the Spark. You'll find both me and the bikes at the Schmolke Carbon booth, so please come say hi and have a look if you're going!
http://berlinerfahrradschau.de/en/

Secondly, I actually run tubes often so had to get a pair of these to try now that they're finally available. Tubolito S-Tubo 29", mine came in at 46g and 48g. Crazy light, when inflated it looked like I could make a balloon animal out of them haha.

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Gullholm wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:35 pm
Secondly, I actually run tubes often so had to get a pair of these to try now that they're finally available. Tubolito S-Tubo 29", mine came in at 46g and 48g. Crazy light, when inflated it looked like I could make a balloon animal out of them haha.

Do they do road versions? Is there a link to these anywhere? EDIT - found them! http://www.tubolito.com/en/

Also here is a link here to the bikerumor.com article on your tweo bikes https://www.bikerumor.com/2018/03/27/bf ... ark-scale/

themidge

by themidge

WOW they are light! Any word on how puncture resistant they are?

Pynchonite

by Pynchonite

Fantastic builds! You've opened a whole new, unfortunately expensive can of worms for me.

I've seen on Insta that you've started your Genius project - are you going to be updating here as well? I appreciate your sharing your process and it seems like you go into more detail here than on Instagram (naturally). So, I guess what I'm asking is, can you do more work for our entertainment?

Gullholm

by Gullholm

dereksmalls wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:20 am
Do they do road versions? Is there a link to these anywhere? EDIT - found them! http://www.tubolito.com/en/

Also here is a link here to the bikerumor.com article on your tweo bikes https://www.bikerumor.com/2018/03/27/bf ... ark-scale/
Thanks for posting the link, was surprised how well written it was about all the details so cool to see! And some funny comments as always haha.
themidge wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:50 pm
WOW they are light! Any word on how puncture resistant they are?
Still tons of snow here so I can't test them yet, and haven't read much about this new version, but the regular ones seems to be working good for people. So fingers crossed.
Pynchonite wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:30 am
Fantastic builds! You've opened a whole new, unfortunately expensive can of worms for me.

I've seen on Insta that you've started your Genius project - are you going to be updating here as well? I appreciate your sharing your process and it seems like you go into more detail here than on Instagram (naturally). So, I guess what I'm asking is, can you do more work for our entertainment?
Thanks man! And I think I'm gonna answer that with "Sorry, not sorry" since it might be expensive but it also brings you a lot of joy haha. :beerchug:
Yeah I got a thread here for that one too, unfortunately I've been a bit slow on the updates but I'll try to keep it up to speed. Easier to answer any questions there too!
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=150292

Gullholm

by Gullholm

Built a "new" Super Spark version with some of the parts from the Scale along with an all new look.
Super happy with the result and the weight is a nice 7,67kg/16,91lbs with Conti RaceKing 2,2RS and Schwalbe Rocket Ron 2,25LS. Also including pedals of course.

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

Gullholm wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:24 pm
Schwalbe Rocket Ron 2,25LS.
What's inside the tire, a Tubolito or sealant? If first, how much pressure do you run, any flats yet? If second, was it difficult to seal? By the way, I've finally built up my 9kg FS I was talking earlier in the thread.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

andreszucs
in the industry

by andreszucs

Gullholm wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:24 pm
Built a "new" Super Spark version with some of the parts from the Scale along with an all new look.
Super happy with the result and the weight is a nice 7,67kg/16,91lbs with Conti RaceKing 2,2RS and Schwalbe Rocket Ron 2,25LS. Also including pedals of course.
So good! Makes me want to get a loan and make a copy of this bike for me!...but I would remove the 'No shortcuts' sticker just so I can have the lightest spark in the world... :D