Bianchi Oltre XR4

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Delorre

by Delorre

jlu wrote:
theletterk wrote:
jlu wrote:Does anybody know why size 50 and 53 have the same reach? Is the only difference only the frame height (stack)?

Went to see the geometries for the other sizes and they are all different. Did you get them a little nice mixed up jlu?

Of course are they different.What I refer to is the REACH. Same reach for size 50 and 53. Setback is different due to shorter top tube and seat angle. But the reach is the same for both sizes...strange.

Do you understand how reach is calculated? it's lenght from BB to head tube. If 53cm frame has a slacker seat tube angle, and all other tubes in front of BB being the same (exl head tube lenght of course), you have the same reach, but a longer toptube. Nothing really strange about that, really.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

irsyad4jo

by irsyad4jo

The bike is amazing. I have about 2500km on it already.
Regards about the sizing. If you are 170cm tall, you might have an issue with the 50cm size because the seatpost would be too short. Im 170cm tall and took the 53 to be safe cause I have longer legs anyway.
Attachments
15723781_10154225294712358_4017224618069611556_o.jpg

theletterk

by theletterk

irsyad4jo wrote:The bike is amazing. I have about 2500km on it already.
Regards about the sizing. If you are 170cm tall, you might have an issue with the 50cm size because the seatpost would be too short. Im 170cm tall and took the 53 to be safe cause I have longer legs anyway.

yeah. I wasn't sure what size to take as well so francis told me 50 shd be ok with room to spare for the seatpost. i'm slightly under 1.7. short legs la. hahahaha
(he told me about you before). so far so good. get to use a 100mm stem so it worked out pretty well.

the vision integrated bar has been installed and the bike should be done!

theletterk

by theletterk

stang1 wrote:
thebucket wrote:
theletterk wrote:Also, the integrated bar has finally arrived and I'm glad I can fit it up in the next few days. Will take some pics once it's all done.

Did you order it at Bianchi? because it is not celeste and looks like the one i ordered as non-bianchi version at my FSA Metron dealer.

I'm asking because i want to know if the frameset was delivered with both headset top cups. The standard type for the standard stems which is on your photos, and the bianchi-Metron5D proprietary one. Or was the latter one included with your handlebar?

I had both mine as it was bought from a stripped frameset, AFAIK, the special head cap only came with the full bikes that had the vision bars.

But ! There is hope. You can purchase it separately as a seperate item.

http://www.bianchibikes.co.uk/Accessori ... eadset_cap

:) thankfully they have a few of the headset spacer! And all is good!

theletterk

by theletterk

As how I originally intended.

Vision metron handlebar installed

Arnoud

by Arnoud

What a beauty!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

fritzbox

by fritzbox

:thumbup: Top! :thumbup:

Killy

by Killy

Very nice
Like the way you've wrapped your bar tape, is this just a case of starting from the centre. Secondly does it hold?

Attermann

by Attermann

Can you snap a picture of the Carbon dry cage?

DaReef

by DaReef

Super sharp bike.

zappafile123

by zappafile123

theletterk wrote:
will keep you guys updated if this still interest you all!

Stang1 reckons the XR4 isnt as responsive as the XR2 - doesnt accelerate as quickly or have that raring to go feel. What do you reckon?
FactorOne|SartoSeta|StorckF.3|Enigma EliteHSS|SworksSL6|ColnagoC60/V3Rs|DeRosa Protos|BianchiXR4/2|BMCSLR01 16|Cdale EvoHM|Focus IzMax|RidleyHe SL/SLX|BH Ulight|BassoDiamante|Scapin DyseysS8|TimeRXRS/ZXRS|TCR SL|RidleyNoah|Look585|CerveloS5/S3

theletterk

by theletterk

Attermann wrote:Can you snap a picture of the Carbon dry cage?

I'll snap one when I get back from work tonight for you. :)

Killy wrote:Very nice
Like the way you've wrapped your bar tape, is this just a case of starting from the centre. Secondly does it hold?

Yeah. Hold well. Seldom have a problem with this actually.
zappafile123 wrote:
theletterk wrote:
will keep you guys updated if this still interest you all!

Stang1 reckons the XR4 isnt as responsive as the XR2 - doesnt accelerate as quickly or have that raring to go feel. What do you reckon?

I would say its probably due to countervail working well so much so that this feels like it's a slower bike but in fact it is not! Or maybe I am just rubbish enough as a cyclist! :mrgreen:

And thanks everyone for the kind words. Appreciate it!

TwinSpokes21

by TwinSpokes21

Stunning build.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mrgray

by mrgray

did stang1 do a review. i've searched and can't find it, can you point to it if it exists @stang1 or @zappafile123
Bobo S&S Steel Bike - 7.5 kg
Oltre XR2- 6.6 kg
Look 585 - 6.8 kg
Look 695 SR :D