Colnago C60 - Traditional PR99

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Well, it is Mr. Guyc’s bike that I now do covet. Neighbors’ wives come and go, but that C64, in that colour, that size, with nothing more than just a few small cockpit changes and I’d be set. It’s like my Goldilocks size. I have a 59T, I have a 61T, the 56s C64 would be jussstt right. Dab smack in the middle. I know I would do it proud. But there comes a time when the garage is just too full and there is nothing that I can part with. Or have any more room for. I did get some new socks the other day. But alas, they were too small.
Last edited by Calnago on Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

cadence90

by cadence90

^
Can you blame guyc for the too-small-socks purchase? It only seems fair, after all, since you made him purchase his C64.... :lol:

Yes, I don't see how you could really warrant getting rid of one of your beautiful Colnagos in order to replace it with another, albeit C64. But, I've never even ridden one (versus a C60, etc.). Reviews seem to vary quite a bit.

Did you ride that C64 in your "Naked" thread?
(Sorry, I haven't had time to read that entire thread today.)

Would you ever swap one of the Treks out for a 64?
"Gimondi è un eroe umano, che viene sconfitto ma che continua la sua corsa fino a tornare a vincere." - Enrico Ruggeri

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Ok, drifting way off topic here, but since it's my thread, I approve of this drift. @cadence90... I can't remember but i almost thought it may have even been you (but probably not)... anyway, someone once posted a WTB ad for a C50. It was around the same time I was waffling on buying the Koppenberg frameset, as there were only a couple in stock at the Trek factory. My C50 was the size, or close, to what this guy wanted. Anyway, I figured ok... I was willing to part with it in order to justifty the koppenberg purchase. So I got the Koppenberg, but kept the C50 after all. And my Emonda remained the dedicated rain bike. So happy it all worked out that way. And no, I have no intention of getting rid of any of the bikes I've posted on Weight Weenies, although I really do need to think about unloading some other stuff in my garage.

I have not ridden that C64 I wrote about in the C64 thread as it is only a 52s, way too small for me. So can't say I've ridden a C64 in my size, although I think it would be pretty identical to the C60 ride in it's characteristics. Maybe a little more compliant vertically due to the nature of the sloping top tube and hence longer exposed seatpost. But other than that, I would expect it to ride exactly as i would expect a colnago with geometry in between my size 61T C59 and 59T C60. Very solid and well mannerd, unlike myself.

For sure I'd swap my Emonda SL for a C64, but the emonda is more of a dedicated rain bike, so why wouldn't I. That's easily replaceable. But the Koppenberg is a very special Trek and it would take more than a C64 to get me to part ways with it.

And yes, I absolutely blame Guyc for me ending up with the wrong size socks. I now blame him for everything. It's only fair, like you say.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

cadence90

by cadence90

Ha ha ha!
Good memory. Yes, that was indeed me re: your C50. I remember your feeling it was a dilemma, whether or not to sell it. In the end we both agreed it was best for you to keep it, given the other Cs you had. Correct decision, I think.

I'm sure you will have the chance to really test a C64 someday soon. I really forward to your report if you do so.
"Gimondi è un eroe umano, che viene sconfitto ma che continua la sua corsa fino a tornare a vincere." - Enrico Ruggeri