Third Time's a Charm: Litespeed T3

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

mriddle

by mriddle

RyanH wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:42 pm
My initial reaction is LOL, did you also factor in all of my bike builds in 2017? If not, you're in for a doozy.

But in all seriousness, I believe I have mentioned it in this thread but I keep track of my personal finances through mint.com where everything is tracked down to the cent. I highly recommend it to everyone. I have a personal shopping budget that I'd consider is pretty low in relation to my post tax income (we're talking low single digit percentage). So even in spite of my seemingly gratuitous spending, I closed out 2017 with an 8 month surplus in my personal shopping budget since I'm pretty diligent about what price I pay for things and I sell nearly everything that isn't bolted to the ground.

And if it helps ease your mind, at the age of 31, my wife and I just bought our first home in Hollywood Hills, again despite my seemingly gratuitous spending. I probably won't have any flashy builds any time soon since, as my friend put it, I have real LA bills now, not just bills, but LA bills. Which is kind of a bummer since I really had an itch for a Parlee Z-Zero in snow camo.

Anyway, moral of the story is probably that financial advice is probably best reserved when you actually know their financial situation, because let's face it, some people make a shit ton of money.
Touché! All in good fun.

RyanH

by RyanH

glepore wrote:Now I know what your Paceline handle is an acronym for :)
I wish, I asked them to switch it once I started actively using Paceline but never heard back. I made it ages ago I think to try to buy some Obemayers from Ryun. I was in a rush and couldn't come up with anything better than my initials.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RyanH

by RyanH

So, current weight is 6.1kg with the new wheels. I'm still skittish on descents after my crash so I don't have a full feel for these wheels but my preliminary take is that these are the goldilocks wheels I've been looking for: superb braking (with 9100 brakes), uber comfortable while retaining that sense of speed (like gliding over ice) that the deeper wheels have and the added bonus of being relatively light.

Here's the current build list:

As she stands at the moment:

Wingnut

by Wingnut

A nicely balanced bike...

muffinman

by muffinman

Goddamn your house is nice

RyanH

by RyanH

Fred, you know I can delete right?

GonaSovereign

by GonaSovereign

RyanH wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:42 pm
I believe I have mentioned it in this thread but I keep track of my personal finances through mint.com where everything is tracked down to the cent. I highly recommend it to everyone. I have a personal shopping budget that I'd consider is pretty low in relation to my post tax income (we're talking low single digit percentage).
I'm biased b/c I work for Mint's parent company and used to work for Mint, but YES it's a great way to manage finances. You can set savings goals for bigger expenses such as houses or things made by THM.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

^ tibia in my future ;)
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

RyanH

by RyanH

Mmmm mmm....

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

Amazing, this is 60g less than my VumaQuad/Fibre-Lyte combo. Now I know where to shave weight as a last resort.

RyanH

by RyanH

The crank itself is about 50g lighter than Red22 BUT the BB is around 30g heavier than FSA PF30. Red22 is definitely the better deal but I think it looks ugly which is why I got this.

Lightweenie

by Lightweenie

Why not with PM?

Vuong05

by Vuong05

Damn Ryan, I think you bought the crankset that I was eying in the for sale section recently. Looks amazing and will definitely bring this build to the next level.

Congrats!
Current Stable. Evo (Storm Trooper) : 5.39kg | Alchemy Eros : Heavy (7.25kg) I Specialized Allez Sprint 2022 : Heavy (7.62kg)

4ibanez

by 4ibanez

Suuurrrweeeeeet
Edit: aren't you at all tempted to keep the Fibre Lytes now you've seen how gorgeous they look with the cranks?!
Last edited by 4ibanez on Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

yeah when I posted weight differences with BB taken into account (thm vs red)... peeps where like thanks for saving me money.
The THM will look great on the bike.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package