Third Time's a Charm: Litespeed T3

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

glepore

by glepore

I have no issue with braking with my Lightweights - I'm trying to settle on a pad that I could use reliably and interchangeably with CCU's and Lightweights. I don't care about warranty, none of these wheels are in warranty, I bottom feed.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

The cheap blue pads from Wiggle work perfectly with the reynolds brake track. Wear fast but for the $ who cares, they're silent and stop predictably.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RyanH

by RyanH

Ah, love new wheels day:

KarlC

by KarlC

Cool set of stairs
C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

RyanH

by RyanH

Quick outdoor snap. This depth looks good with the frame.

RyanH

by RyanH

Got some other goods today:

PYC Chain was a pleasant surprise to be much lighter than expected. Saved 24g over Red 22 for the same length:

AER Upper saved 23g:

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Which PYC chain is that?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

1415chris

by 1415chris

Isn't it PYC SP1101 Super Light 11s?

glepore

by glepore

Keep us posted on the chain.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

mriddle

by mriddle

Just read this entire thread...I have a couple questions.

1. How much $ have you spent on wheels?

2. What are you looking for with this wheel search?

My advice from a 53 year old cycling obsessed parent:

In regard to all things wheels, Campagnolo. Best combination of reliability, weight, technology and SAFETY. This includes rims, hubs and skewers.

Get a good financial planner, you will be my age before you know it. Working gets old/sucks and you will want to stop doing it. Riding keeps you young.

Be safe my friend.

glepore

by glepore

From a 58 year old cycling parent, I'm not sure if that's the kindest or most condescending thing I've read today.

FilmAt11

by FilmAt11

That’s rational advice, but inappropriate for an obsessive audience
Last edited by FilmAt11 on Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RyanH

by RyanH

My initial reaction is LOL, did you also factor in all of my bike builds in 2017? If not, you're in for a doozy.

But in all seriousness, I believe I have mentioned it in this thread but I keep track of my personal finances through mint.com where everything is tracked down to the cent. I highly recommend it to everyone. I have a personal shopping budget that I'd consider is pretty low in relation to my post tax income (we're talking low single digit percentage). So even in spite of my seemingly gratuitous spending, I closed out 2017 with an 8 month surplus in my personal shopping budget since I'm pretty diligent about what price I pay for things and I sell nearly everything that isn't bolted to the ground.

And if it helps ease your mind, at the age of 31, my wife and I just bought our first home in Hollywood Hills, again despite my seemingly gratuitous spending. I probably won't have any flashy builds any time soon since, as my friend put it, I have real LA bills now, not just bills, but LA bills. Which is kind of a bummer since I really had an itch for a Parlee Z-Zero in snow camo.

Anyway, moral of the story is probably that financial advice is probably best reserved when you actually know their financial situation, because let's face it, some people make a shit ton of money.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

RyanH wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:43 pm
Quick outdoor snap. This depth looks good with the frame.

hope they work out for you.. I like the way 2.2 looks on my Z-Zero too.. better then 4.5 despite the beefy tubing on the Z-Zero. Rode with the 4.5 today..I dont know why but the 2.2 always seem to brake a hell of a lot better then my 4.5. Going put the 2.2 back on.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

glepore

by glepore

Now I know what your Paceline handle is an acronym for :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com