Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

reedplayer

by reedplayer

+1

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

Almost finishing the build but not there yet. At this stage I've thrown my initial budget out already, and just work on making it the build I want it to be.

EE brakes - have to give them a try, so splurged on the pair. Tried them with Corima cork pads and the feel is really good!

Titanium bolts for brake shoes upon recommendation by @godzuki

Vittoria G+ speed tubulars. 23mm,not as plush as the Corsa I'm using on my Madone, but still better than the Tufo S3 elite. And I saved 70g+ more by going back to mastik instead of tape!

Upcoming - Etap climbing switches from @Sugarkane, Tune Skyline skewers, powercordz (again). Then, project finished, glamour pics and ride the shit out of it (hopefully at Mallorca in November)

Marin

by Marin

Lovely build! What kind of handlebar end plugs are you using?

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

Marin wrote:Lovely build! What kind of handlebar end plugs are you using?

I just drilled out the centre of a pair of Deda plugs, sanded the textured surface flat and spray painted it. Had to fix it there with sugru cos there's no bar tape to take up the space between the plug ends.

Marin

by Marin

Kayrehn wrote:drilled out the centre of a pair of Deda plugs

Oooh nice love me a bit of DIY on a high end build - I think I need to copy the idea as I love the looks!

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

Finally took some glamour shots and calling it a day for this build. A few weeks back I slide out on a wet/slippery bend while descending through a forested area and that prompted an unintentional upgrade to a Etap Wifli rear derailleur, was lucky everything else was ok I guess. I probably will change the jockey wheels since it was from the crashed rear derailleur but undecided yet. Does anyone knows if the Wifli cage allows the use of oversized pulley wheels like a 15t?

4.98kg with pedals, bottle cages, garmin mount and sensor. ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Looks like you run almost 0 lever throw on thr brakes?

Love it all bar the short tape job :)
Using Tapatalk

kgt

by kgt

It desperately needs a real, proper bartape. Other than that... nice job!

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

Seriously awesome build!

Olivv

by Olivv

Very interesting build, congratulations, your bike is a beauty!

godzuki26

by godzuki26

Great job on this build :thumbup: The yellow accents look fantastic! I really like the weight weenie look of the bar tape. This bike looks like it is built to be ridden/raced/pushed. Love to hear more about your experiences on it.
:arrow: BH Ultralight
:arrow: Litespeed Ghisallo
:arrow: Scott Addict Singlespeed

ImageCannondale Evo HiMod
ImageFelt AR FRD

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

@nefarious there's about 2cm of throw for the levers - does the cabling set up looks funny? My friend (who recently completed a professional mechanic course) helped with it and it's his first time cabling up ee brakes.

@godzuki26 its definitely more bike than I can use. Can feel road chatter/buzz more than my Madone and front end is solid going into turns. Went down 60kmh slopes and no nervousness whatsoever despite my best efforts at trying to detect twitching. I really should stop thinking about the possible limitations of a light bike and ride the shit out of it.

The bartape haha... Godzuki26 got the idea; it's kind of a ww symbol for the bike. I thought it's nice to expose the carbon weave both at the top (like on my Zipp SL-70) and on the dropped ends too. More an idiosyncratic bit rather than a cheap way to save weight.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Was more just how close your pads are. I tend to run my lever throw to within about 15mm of the bars so I'm probably the odd one out here.
Using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

flying

by flying

Very Nice :thumbup:

Congrats on a nice build
Fuji is really making some nice frames I think and
price/value is excellent IMHO :beerchug: