Kayrehn Fuji SL 1.1

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

anlimdy22 wrote:I bought carbonice Eva 2.0 for my Fuji SL 1.1 but can't tighten the seatpost. How about your case?

Hm my LBS did it for me and I only rode it in the trainer for a bike fit session, seems ok though...

anlimdy22

by anlimdy22

Kayrehn wrote:
anlimdy22 wrote:I bought carbonice Eva 2.0 for my Fuji SL 1.1 but can't tighten the seatpost. How about your case?

Hm my LBS did it for me and I only rode it in the trainer for a bike fit session, seems ok though...

Please help checking with your LBS when you going there again. I like this seatclamp design, it's a waste if can't fit into my bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

In a last ditch effort to get the weight under 5kg on paper, I got some Tufo S3 elite to replace the Vittoria graphene ones. Nothing wrong with the latter, but gotta make some effort to try achieve my goal. The change takes 99g off! Image

Bike fitter advised me to get a 130mm stem to get a forward position and so I have to return the extralite hyperstem and get this instead. Gained 39g but at least I saved a bunch of money. Now looking sleek in matte black and waiting for black ti bolts to be delivered.

Waiting for the Berk combo now, a terrible wait of a week or two. Ordered brake clamp bolts for use with the powercordz too, should be in the post any time. This is all I can show for now.

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

Your LBS set up the FD? That's STUPIDLY high and very incorrectly installed.

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

Don't worry, the LBS will settle it soon. It was set up for the osymetric chain rings previously.

beanbiken

by beanbiken

How are you going with your build, done, close??? Love to see the final specs and a ride review. Still haven't started with my build as I'm still tossing around which frame to run with.

Steve M.
BB

Coffee & carbon

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

The last 3 final items for the build is in transit now, it will all come together next week! Meanwhile I gotta glue the tires on...

beanbiken

by beanbiken

Kayrehn wrote:The last 3 final items for the build is in transit now, it will all come together next week! Meanwhile I gotta glue the tires on...

........... Well do it :shock: I'm sure you don't what that to hold you back :D
BB

Coffee & carbon

orange77

by orange77

Kayrehn wrote:Half the price of Raceware but as light. Looks like it can fix the garmin flush with the stem but haven't got my bars to try yet.

Hi Kayrehn,

Where did you bought it?

beanbiken

by beanbiken

Kayrehn wrote:The last 3 final items for the build is in transit now, it will all come together next week! Meanwhile I gotta glue the tires on...

Hey Kayrehn, any updates? what does it ride like? things you love or would change?

Curious :)
BB

Coffee & carbon

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

Many weeks have past and finally the end is near. I made a Berk combo order, changed the order, and then the item was stuck at customs for 4 weeks before it takes another week to arrive. I trembled and wept with joy when I held the parcel in my hand after collecting it from the post office [emoji24]

Might this be the first combo with this saddle? It's a little daring to try this unreviewed saddle given that I'm super comfortable with my S-works Toupe and the Lupina was modelled after it, but I felt like the Lupina was a little narrow for my liking and this seems a little wider. Realised the white decals would be very jarring and Berk has kindly agreed to send me black ones.

Tbh I thought the combo would be much lighter given that Berk mentioned it is the lightest saddle to date, but the saddle-post bonding is really solid and that probably contributed to the weight.

After I got this yesterday I brought the bike straight to the LBS to get a few stuff on
and I should be able to ride it on Tuesday.

beanbiken

by beanbiken

Woo hoo....... good to hear, await your report :thumbup:
BB

Coffee & carbon

KCookie

by KCookie

Haven't seen that saddle before, it's not on his website. How much does the saddle weigh on it own. ?

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

Apparently around 60g for saddle alone. There's a pic of it in UD look on Jure's ongoing thread, page 206.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KCookie

by KCookie

60g that is lite, you'll have to give us a ride report on it, I have 3 of his Lupina saddles, this is very similar so could be interested. His thread only goes up to page 139 though. !!!