Scott Foil Team Edition

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

PinaRene

by PinaRene

dmoneysworks wrote:...you've inspired me mate. I've pulled the trigger on an eTap mini-group yesterday to go onto my '12 OGE replica foil 40.

So I gotta ask are you going to be removing the steerer so you can drop top cap flush onto stem?

Thanks - bike is still riding like a dream - and the only thing that could separate us is a crash or carbon failure. And about the spacer under the topcap - I will not remove that for now. Dropped 15mm with the stem, and if it is to low for me I can switch spacers -> 10 mm under the stem and 5mm above the stem. :smartass: Almost 50 yrs old now and not getting more flexible. The 15mm drop I made was quite a bit, but the stem on my criterium bike was already 8mm lower than the Scott.

Still waiting for the chainrings though ... Quarq DZero came in last week - also the Arundel bottle cages arrived - almost time for picture update.

PinaRene

by PinaRene

Ready for now:

* Quarq DZero mounted - easy
* Arundel Mandible mounted - easy
* Almost slammed stem ( 5mm spacer left ) - Also easy but tricky to put the saw right.
* YBN SLA110 Chain black mounted - easy

* Spring todo : Schwalbe One 24 mm tubulars

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jorisee01

by jorisee01

Looks great Rene!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

willowwonka

by willowwonka

Power meter looks great, I've just ordered the eTap crank. May upgrade to this after.

Also black chain is sweet!
- CANYON KATUSHA TEAM ULTIMATE SLX SUMMER RIG.
- CANNONDALE CAAD10 ANNODISED WINTER SLOG.

JDEves

by JDEves

Great job! Looking at getting the quarq red PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PinaRene

by PinaRene

Here it is with some nice Mavic Cosmic Carbonne Ultimate wheels - Continental tubular tires...

PinaRene

by PinaRene

Bought a new wheelset for my Scott Foil after selling the Mavics.

* Fast Forward F4R Special Matt Black edition with carbon straight pull DT 180 Hubs. Don't know how many sets there were made, but it's hard to find them on the net. They are light - really light - They are 22,5 mm wide - 45 mm high 20/24 spokes - 1160 gram for the set with Campagnolo freehub - 562 grams for the tubulars and 84 grams for the QR's. I did shave off another 10 grams with the drilled DT Swiss Light Shimano Body with ceramic Japanese ijk bearings. 6702RS bearings on the new body instead of the 6802RS bearings on the old one.

Here is some info on the wheelset.

https://roadcyclinguk.com/gear/just-in- ... elset.html

Last edited by PinaRene on Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

PattiTalks

by PattiTalks

What a beauty! Really like the fact that this frame isn't all-out aero yet (in comparison to the new Foil).

PinaRene

by PinaRene

Took a better picture today - did a little ride with my wife. She rides a Felt F1 ex Argos Shimano team bike. Bit windy and still cold with 7 degrees ºC.

PinaRene

by PinaRene

Little update : Why do I love this bike so much ?

Well I really don't know but I do love it so much. I was thinking of selling this bike / frame / part of the groupset to go and buy myself a disc bike. But NO , why do I need disc brakes. Riding here on the flats it's just not required to stop fast. The country side here is wide and open and If I just would ride here I could use my brakepads for 4 years I guess. Do I need discs in the Alps ?, some say yes - some say no. Well I am the one who says no because I ride this bike in the Alps since 2013 each year for 3 weeks and never missed disc brakes.

I do ride my rides with tubular tires in the Alps for over 90% because I still think that is more safe, and it gives me a good feeling overall. I have a pair of Zipp 404 tubulars to ride, but also a pair of Zipp 404 Clinchers and a pair of Zipp 202 Clinchers that I ride when it's windy.

So all ++ and -- counted I stick to this bike because it rides so fine. I can rear and write with it, and it's fast comfortable and light enough with ± 6.8Kg. That said gave me the idea to do something nice to my frame to make it fresh again. It will go out for a trip in August to get a new and fresh design to frame / seatpost and stemcap. The colour would be totally different - a nice 2020/2021 update with some specials on to the frame.

Keep you updated.

easyv

by easyv

..And at the end, isn't that what this is all about? Loving what you ride and loving to ride because of it?

PinaRene

by PinaRene

Frame has been dismanteled and ready for shipping end of the week. ETOE in Germany will do the job - http://www.etoe.de. I found a combination of a nice design and after some mailing, there was a plan. There will be some specials on the frame so it won't be sellable after a few years ( Will leave it on the wall later, I guess )

Di2 holes will be closed ( Sram eTap only it will be ) - Originally it was a Di2 frame - not suitable for mechanical shifting. Handlebar/stem was dismounted so I can put it back exactly the same way it was.

Pre - pictures. For the weenies : Frame incl. top headset bearing cup and goodies 950 gram. Fork incl. heavy expander 342 gram and seatpost without hardware 132 gram.

hannawald

by hannawald

Looking forward! I admire Etoes creations:)

PinaRene

by PinaRene

Frame is on vacation now to Germany - hope she gets a new fresh colour there before she comes home.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

PinaRene

by PinaRene

Part 1 :

Cable entree on the right and left side of the bike will be made flush with the frame, all old Di2 battery mounts and cable in and outs ( no not the brake )will be closed ( Left was never open because a Di2 only frame). So it will be a Sram eTap frame only.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaLUZ4kwNU8