HOPP carbon parts

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

HaakonJohansen

by HaakonJohansen

Hi everyone! Anyone heard about HOPP carbon parts? Seems like a really interesting company, and I just want to raise some awareness about them, as it may lead to more products and lower prices. Currently you all their info is one their Facebook page, but they are working on a website.

Check out this full carbon XTR derailleur made by them!

I have nothing to do with the company btw. I'm just really excited about this, and I hope more people are. They do respond quickly to messages on Facebook, and seem positive to good product suggestions.
Last edited by HaakonJohansen on Fri May 12, 2017 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

HaakonJohansen

by HaakonJohansen

Doesn't this trigger anyones interest? You can actually buy this derailleur, and the other parts they make, although the prices are quite steep of course. Full carbon XTR derailleur (without pulley wheels) is currently priced at 500 Euros.

They do also offer a lot of small carbon adjuster parts for different suspension forks, and some nice lefty equipment. I know I'm starting to sound like a salesman, but it's just that it's nice to have companies like this, and I really hope they'll do well and continue to make niche parts like these.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

euph

by euph

These parts are pretty awesome and the craftsmanship is of high quality. You might be getting less interest because it is mainly MTB stuff. Be patient and I am sure the discussion will evolve.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

KaiGreene

by KaiGreene

Hello people

This is my XTR derailleur. The project is here to see in my construction thread.There are many parts of my friend Christoph Hopp from HOPP carbon parts!

https://www.mtb-news.de/forum/t/scott-s ... t-14539138

HaakonJohansen

by HaakonJohansen

KaiGreene wrote:Hello people

This is my XTR derailleur. The project is here to see in my construction thread.There are many parts of my friend Christoph Hopp from HOPP carbon parts!

https://www.mtb-news.de/forum/t/scott-s ... t-14539138

Thanks for chiming in:) Is it okay that I use the pictures in this thread? Do you know if Hopp sells the drtailleur with mounting hardware? Would be nice if you didn't have to detach everything yourself, as I guess removing some of the pins can be quite difficult(?)

Did you use a titanium clutch bolt btw? Titaniumplanet sell those.
Last edited by HaakonJohansen on Sat May 13, 2017 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

KaiGreene

by KaiGreene

Feel free to post the carbon parts pictures here.
A series XTR 9000 derailleur is delivered to HOPP carbon parts. This is completely disassembled and rebuilt with aluminum axles / sliding bushings and carbon joints.
I have made the "plus" cage clutch bolt from 7075 aluminum exactly as the joint axles come from me. Is everything in my construction thread to see.

Gullholm

by Gullholm

Christoph does some truly amazing work. I should have some parts hopefully by the end of next week, will post them up in my thread about the Scale/Spark.

Axel, job well done on the derailleur! The attention to detail is top class.

KaiGreene

by KaiGreene

Thank you Gustav, love is indispensable to make and adjust for such a parts

KaiGreene

by KaiGreene

motorapido

by motorapido

Pretty impressive carbon work there, Kudos
How about offering the same upgrade path for an XT mechanical mech or even better the XTR or XT Di2 mechs,
Thats what really needs to shed the grammes to offset the motor/electronics weight.

02GF74

by 02GF74

HaakonJohansen wrote:Doesn't this trigger anyones interest? You can actually buy this derailleur, and the other parts they make, although the prices are quite steep of course. Full carbon XTR derailleur (without pulley wheels) is currently priced at 500 Euros.

Just for comparison, what is weight and price of equivalent XTR mech? This mech is for those who accept no compromise.

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

how on earth do you buy the part or the mech. there is no webshop and communication by facebook is not ideal.

Getter

by Getter

Wow...impressive looking piece!

I would imagine that it would be mega expensive and have questionable production times.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

HaakonJohansen

by HaakonJohansen

motorapido wrote:Pretty impressive carbon work there, Kudos
How about offering the same upgrade path for an XT mechanical mech or even better the XTR or XT Di2 mechs,
Thats what really needs to shed the grammes to offset the motor/electronics weight.

I don't think there is a market for such upgrades on the XT derailleurs, as the XT is supposed to be a cheaper option for those who don't want to spend XTR-money. These upgrades will be way more expensive than the XTR to begin with, so not really something for the average XT buyer would consider.

bm0p700f wrote:how on earth do you buy the part or the mech. there is no webshop and communication by facebook is not ideal.

They're working on a website, but it's better to contact them to ask about this, as I don't really know much about the company.