Fork Options 120mm 29er

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

LeDuke

by LeDuke

Took less than a week from Kiev to my house in Virginia, US.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Jmdesignz2

by Jmdesignz2

LeDuke wrote:Image

34t. Smooths out the pedal stroke, improves traction.

I haven't done a true scientific study, but there was a notable decrease in climbing times when I made the switch. And, I seem to get bogged down more on my bike that didn't have one. Now, both of my MTBs have one.

here you go:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3990898/

the_marsbar

by the_marsbar

Jmdesignz2 wrote:http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3990898/

That paper compares a specific design (Rotor's) to conventional chainrings, and the authors state:
"The present study showed no statistical differences in maximal power output, oxygen consumption or heart rate between the oval Q-rings and the conventional circular rings. These findings suggest that Q-rings did not result in any improvement of cycling performance."

wingguy

by wingguy

Carlin wrote:Yes its going to be a race bike and I prefer the CK hubs over DT Swiss plus I got better deal and my lhs has very good support from the distribution too.

I would 100% agree with the CK choice (though my DT Swiss opinion is coloured by experience f their OE garbage). I wonder why M60 not M50 though? Proper rough courses in your neck of the woods I guess?

I also wouldn't necessarily have gone for less travel ust because the pro's do - for them it's usually a matter of positioning and just getting the front end lower on a big wheel bike.

marecej

by marecej

Hi guys,

I'm looking to buy the Yeti ASRc and would love to use a lefty on it
is there any reasonably light lefty 29er with 120mm travel? I only found the 130mm supermax which is over 1,9kg

thanks
Unno Horn = 8100g
Ellsworth Truth = 9371g

wingguy

by wingguy

Not currently - but if you really wanted one you might find that a 27.5, 120mm Lefty 2.0 has clearance for a 29" with a not too big tyre. Seems like it should, anyway - but I haven't tried.