Aerozine cranks, any opinion

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

HillRPete

by HillRPete

I'm considering an Aerozine 2x10 crank for my do-it-all bike. Single front just doesn't cut it on the climbs here, I'm either spinning out the top gear on the flat, or undergunned on the double-digit percent climbs when the terrain gets technical.

The crank I'm looking at is http://www.aerozinebike.com/products98.htm , love that it comes in white too, any opinions? Search says they might not be the stiffest, but that's a minor concern for me, this bike is just for riding around and enjoying it. No hard downhills or airtime.

sstefanov

by sstefanov

I used to run the 3x9 Aerozine cranks. Here is my take on them:
1. The left crankarm was held by a single pinch bolt, which got loose unless glued with loctite. I see that the current design may be different.
2. The are very flexy. When I say flexy - it is like riding with a bent pedal spindle. I was surprised that I could feel the flex, as I am not a strong rider at all.
3. They shifted OK, but nothing comparable to let's say Shimano XT or Sram X.0.
4. They were cheapish, but if you can get a Shimano XT or an SRAM X.0 doubles - I would not bother with them.

Hope this helps,
Stefan

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

stuka666

by stuka666

In one word, shit.

If you want a crank that is "light" and affordable, KCNC would be my option, followed by the x.0 (a lit better and heavier).

For 280 € the K-TYPE XC2 Blade is a good option, a bit of loctite in the bolts and it runs smooth.

And yes, I am in my 2nd KCNC and tried a aerozine.

nifrodne

by nifrodne

B.O.R germany is the best crank I ever used !
If someone is interested, just sent me a pb, because he doesn"t sell to the usa.

cerro

by cerro

And what else in that category have you tested? Hollowgram SL, Sram XX, FRM, Tune, Extralite?